Your help needed to improve the "GUIDES" subforums

Lexx

Around about 2 years ago we had a purge on the "How to" topics that no longer had working links/pics etc.

Having a quick scan through them again today it is apparent that this needs doing again.

As such, this is a request to all you DIY'ers out there to help this forum.

To keep the knowledge base up to date for future members we need YOU to post up your guides.

No matter how small or big the job you are doing on your car is, write a guide and submit it for approval :thumbs:

What you should include:

- Approx skill level required

- Tools required

- Step by step process

- Pics for each step (annotated if required)

Come on guys, show us what you are made of. Even simple jobs can seem daunting to a novice, but the assistance of a Guide can give confidence and experience to someone who otherwise could be left with Dealer labour costs!

• Like 8

Can I make a suggestion please? To avoid photos in the future going dead, why don't you guys open a photobucket account and copy said pics to this account, with the copyright holders permission and then alter the photo link. That way it'd always be live. I'm sure most people wouldn't have an issue with this. The account details could be held by the admin and mods.

Might half help in the future :shrug:

• Like 4

^^ I think that's a great idea BBK. :thumbs:

Obviously I can't say whether that'll happen or not as it will have to be a team discussion but it makes sense to me. People often delete photo's from their Photobucket accounts etc especially if they move on & get other cars/join new forums.

^^ I think that's a great idea BBK. :thumbs:

Obviously I can't say whether that'll happen or not as it will have to be a team discussion but it makes sense to me. People often delete photo's from their Photobucket accounts etc especially if they move on & get other cars/join new forums.

Exactly what I was thinking :)