Voice Recognition

Toon Chris

Is it just me? Is my accent broad - I don`t think so.

Then why when setting up a new phone book can the stupid hands-free not be able to tell the difference between 'home', ' work' or 'newcastle' !!

To be more specific., it will let me set one item up but then if I try to add any more than it says 'error' all the time!

Oh yeah, and when driving it can`t tell the difference between four and eight. They sound pretty different to me!

Rant, rant, rant. :rant:

Then why when setting up a new phone book can the stupid hands-free not be able to tell the difference between 'home', ' work' or 'newcastle' !!

To be more specific., it will let me set one item up but then if I try to add any more than it says 'error' all the time!

Oh yeah, and when driving it can`t tell the difference between four and eight. They sound pretty different to me!

wye aye man...............!! :lol:

Have you had the Ariel mod. It is moved over to the far left of the screen away from the mic. Does help a little but the system still is not great.

It`s an integrated bluetooth so the aerial is actually my phone aerial.

Glad to hear it's not just me - or am I. :wacko:

Have you read the manual properly. Sounds like your doing something wrong. Bluetooth manual is on the forum to download :wacko:

http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8312

Ah I know what it is, go to nissan tell them you are a northerner and they will have to set up the recognition to slow mo fo dreary monotone speed and you should be fine :lol:;) All Nissans come set for proper southern british accents, glad to help ya mate :thumbs::p:lol:

Ah I know what it is, go to nissan tell them you are a northerner and they will have to set up the recognition to slow mo fo dreary monotone speed and you should be fine :lol:;) All Nissans come set for proper southern british accents, glad to help ya mate :thumbs::p:lol:

shut yer cake Shakespeare :p

Ok, I`ve tried again. I can now get it to recognise me without saying error all the time, but it insists that everything I try to enter already exists.

There is one item in the phonebook 'Melanie' and it seems to think that 'Home', 'Newcastle', 'Testing' 'Fishcakes' is actually all the same word and that teh 'name is already stored'. If I say 'dial name: fishcake' it calls Melanie !!

I`m starting to wonder if I am doing something very wrong somewhere!

When I first got my Zed I drove it my my mates house. He was asking about the buttons on the steering wheel, I shouted dial number, Yeoms (his nickname) is a fanny, it then said dialing and it started ringing!

The phone book was wiped and I've never really bothered since. One of these days I'll set it up.

Do it while parked and speak quietly, it seems to make it easier!

When I first got my Zed I drove it my my mates house. He was asking about the buttons on the steering wheel, I shouted dial number, Yeoms (his nickname) is a fanny, it then said dialing and it started ringing!

The phone book was wiped and I've never really bothered since. One of these days I'll set it up.

Do it while parked and speak quietly, it seems to make it easier!

Speak quietly. Hmm, haven't tried that, been too busy shouting at it :lol:

Ok, I`ve tried again. I can now get it to recognise me without saying error all the time, but it insists that everything I try to enter already exists.

There is one item in the phonebook 'Melanie' and it seems to think that 'Home', 'Newcastle', 'Testing' 'Fishcakes' is actually all the same word and that teh 'name is already stored'. If I say 'dial name: fishcake' it calls Melanie !!

I`m starting to wonder if I am doing something very wrong somewhere!

Ask Melanie to change her name to Fishcakes :thumbs::lol: