Creaking noise from front wheel area

Azure350z

Hoping for some helpful advice. I was driving home from work today and after some fast Road driving down a country lane I suddenly developed a creaking noise from my car when going over some but not all bumps in the road.

The noise is audible in the cabin. Once home I had a quick look around but couldn't see anything wrong so I got the Mrs to drive the car and instantly it was clear that the noise was a lot louder outside the car and was coming from the front nearside wheel.

The noise happens when turning and when going over bumps. I haven't had any bangs to the wheel and the noise literally sounds like a creaky old bed/mattress.

It's dark cold and wet out so I haven't been able to get under the car for a proper inspection but does anybody have any ideas as to what the cause of the noise could be?

The car still feels fine, it sits level as I wondered about a broken spring, it steers fine and just feels no different. Could it be a dry ball joint as I know the boot on the lower control arm ball joint has a small split in it and so needs changing.

Many thanks, I'll jack the car up and have a good look on Saturday and report back shortly. Hopefully it's something simple as in the last two years I've already replaced the drop links, ARB bushes, banana arms and lower control rod bushes and ball joint.

As Arkwright has said , and check tightness of all other things you have had replaced as a creaking sounds suggests something is loose and rubbing. I found this after having my banana arm bushes replaced and the Front Suspension Cross Member Brace came slightly loose on the drivers side. I tightened it up to the correct tourqe and it's been fine ever since.