Corner weighting explained

nissanman312

Corner weights.

Hope you have adjustable roll-bar links? to stop any jacking of weights when the spring platform or damper lengths are adjusted

We only look at getting the diagonal weights the same LF+RR=RF+LR

work to around 5% and that will be good enough

we not in single seat car never drive on a flat piece of road and never normally brake in a straight line so no need for perfect corner weights ( you cant get perfect corner weights on ours car unless you start running different rate springs on the same axle) as our cars are biased due to being RHD

• Like 1

Corner weights.

Hope you have adjustable roll-bar links? to stop any jacking of weights when the spring platform or damper lengths are adjusted

we not in single seat car never drive on a flat piece of road and never normally brake in a straight line so no need for perfect corner weights ( you cant get perfect corner weights on ours car unless you start running different rate springs on the same axle) as our cars are biased due to being RHD

Yeah Mark have Adjustable drop links etc. I think there gonna disconnect the roll bars set up and then adjust the drop links to match.

I think I'm just gonna get cross weights correct as I know you can't really adjust the front rear set up etc. Mark do you have any idea on best rake angle for 350z's??

There using 100KG ballast in the driver seat (I'm looking to lose weight lol) too.

My car is being balanced and set up Monday :)

Be interested to see what the car weighs now youve taken pretty much everything out ! Whats your guess ?

TBF i don't even want to guess. Its a TT car so heavy due to that but I would hope a decent amount lighter. I still want new pax seat plus CF boot lid and doors so that will help too :)

• Like 1

Corner weights.

Yeah Mark have Adjustable drop links etc. I think there gonna disconnect the roll bars set up and then adjust the drop links to match.

I think I'm just gonna get cross weights correct as I know you can't really adjust the front rear set up etc. Mark do you have any idea on best rake angle for 350z's??

There using 100KG ballast in the driver seat (I'm looking to lose weight lol) too.

We have found around 10/15mm rake works best. We measure on the car sill lips (that hang down) approx 15mm from each end of the sills.

I must admit my Red track car needs a little more rake feels like it has too much weight transfer when exiting the corner under power maybe needs a little more weight ont he front , if we harden the damping up we just break traction , we aren't to stiff on the springs either , think 10kg front 8 kg rear (roughly) from my memory.

• Like 1

Be interested to see what the car weighs now youve taken pretty much everything out ! Whats your guess ?

TBF i don't even want to guess. Its a TT car so heavy due to that but I would hope a decent amount lighter. I still want new pax seat plus CF boot lid and doors so that will help too :)

Mines a right fatty @ 1630 kg ! With half tank of fuel .

• Like 1

WOW yeah lol.. where did you measure that??

Corner weights.

We have found around 10/15mm rake works best. We measure on the car sill lips (that hang down) approx 15mm from each end of the sills.

I must admit my Red track car needs a little more rake feels like it has too much weight transfer when exiting the corner under power maybe needs a little more weight ont he front , if we harden the damping up we just break traction , we aren't to stiff on the springs either , think 10kg front 8 kg rear (roughly) from my memory.

Thanks mate, that looks like a far amount of rake! I have the nismo side skirts so can i still measure these?? I was looking at going off arch to floor hight? or is that not the best?? I know chassis rail would be better but its a PITA to measure

x1ybia.jpg

Around these area's your see the LIP that points down (outer sill connects to floor plan.

Easy to get to when on a Scissor Alignment Ramp;

These cars squat a lot especially when FI like yours; 15mm isnt a lot over the length of the car.

Edited by Mark@Abbey m/s
  • Like 1

On a weigh bridge near where I was looking at a job one day . Think the HR are around 1580 ish standard and I've added charger and all the odds and sods ... Heavy rota 19" wheels ect . I've sort of given up with the whole weight saving issues as the zeds a tubby girl no matter what !

On a weigh bridge near where I was looking at a job one day . Think the HR are around 1580 ish standard and I've added charger and all the odds and sods ... Heavy rota 19" wheels ect . I've sort of given up with the whole weight saving issues as the zeds a tubby girl no matter what !

fat girls are more fun :lol:

Corner weights.

Do you run aftermarket arbs? Im 12/5 spring rates and still feel too soft. Just added cusco arbs and adjustable table drop links to hopefully reduce the roll and allow a corner weighting session. I was going to aim for 53/47 front to rear balance rather than aiming for a fixed rake? What was your front to rear balance?

I believe raising the rear subframe improves the roll centre and increases anti squat as well which would help these cars a lot in my opinion

yeah someone told me there were almost 50\50

i didnt believe him ! i had to look it up

like josh says more than likely not anymore with the charger

although wait untill your coils go on josh that made mine feel a lot more nimble and pionty especialy with the geo

• Like 1

My zed is at 1380kg on a weigh station with under quarter tank of fuel. I still have the to get lexan for window and rear glass, get rid of window motors, remove the tar behind the firewall and gut the dash of anything that is not required. I'll brave stripping redundant electrics but this will all be upset with my full roll cage and sc. My AC has gone back in as I was cooking alive! Still decent saving though. Apart from my wet CF bonnet which I have for the vents dry CF parts are too expensive to justify.

I was on 12/10kg setup which was spot on but with R888 I feel a 14/12 may even be better. It's amazing how you enjoy the 10/8 which I find too soft.

Thanks for sharing your rake and setup Mark. I was consevative at 6mm.

Raising the rear subframe sorts out the squat and SPL provides 2 different shims to use with their subframe bush kit. I used the smaller and will try the larger as it just slides out.

I really need to corner weight to take advantage of my full adjustable setup as it will only get better.

Keep feeding back guys as there is so much win for all!

Edited by GT4 Zed