Reflection in my windscreen.....

nixy

My other car - Fiat 500 - had a stone fly into it like a missile just before Christmas. It hit so hard it was like a bullet and the windscreen was damaged and then after a day cracked across. Autoglass came out on Tuesday and fitted a new one. Great job, no issues. BUT, when I drove home later and it was dark I noticed that there was an almost mirror like reflection of the instrument panel at the top of the windscreen. It's really clear, bright and very distracting in the dark. I started to think I was going mad and it must have always done that, but surely I would have noticed? I don't want to ring autoglass and look like a loon - what do you guys think?

I don't get it in the zed and have never noticed before in this car for the last year. If I make myself six inches taller I can't see it. It's very weird.

I'd say the most likely explanation in that case is that you somehow lost six inches of height at around the same time that your windscreen was replaced.