HeadLights

Spatt

thanks for the replies,

the ones i have are cracked (i think because of the HID upgrade) they really let the car down but for the price of some OEM lamps i could go aftermarket.. tough decisssions to make

thanks for the replies,

the ones i have are cracked (i think because of the HID upgrade) they really let the car down but for the price of some OEM lamps i could go aftermarket.. tough decisssions to make

Cracked how, any pics?

Chris, They have cracked on the inside hard to show on the pics but i think they are past their best and in need of either a refurbish (if possible) or replacing all together. One more thing while i think about it, do you think i can run the side lights as well as the DRL that you fitted? I have got some LED side light and wanted to run with the side's and the DLR's

By the way i have tried to polish them up and this works fine to take out the 'clouding' but the cracks you see (looks like ice) is all on the inside of the light.

I haven't tried one of those abrasive restoration kits you can get but i thought this might be a waste of my time, worth a go??

light1_zpshrqlbl9g.jpg

light4_zpslamrysyq.jpg

light2_zpsk6tnr8vo.jpg

light3_zpsgvjliqba.jpg

Edited by Spatt

Wow, that looks odd. Others may know better than me but its hard to see how a restoration kit could improve that.

When you say it might be due to the HID upgrade, have you changed the bulbs from what i had in? I think i had 10,000k bulbs in it.

As for the sidelights - yes you'll be absolutely fine to run then as well as the DRL's. You need to make sure you get decent bulbs though as i ran a couple of different types of LED W5W's and they always failed (one would work, one wouldnt) i'm guessing because they didnt have resistors.

Chris, i have bought some HID bulbs on a prayer, i think they are 6K or something.... Are these a straight swap? dont get me wrong ive changed a bulb before just not an HID. reading up about ballast's and things?? dont get it

Yeh its as i thought Ricey. It's been like that for a while but to be honest it makes driving at night a pain so i'm ready for a swap out.

I think the facelift headlights would be worth a punt though they are expensive as hell.

Failing that, I might go for some Aussie aftermarket ones like these.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Black-LED-DRL-Day-Time-Projector-Head-Lights-for-Nissan-Z33-350Z-03-05-Fairlady-/180704735929?fits=Model%3A350+Z&hash=item2a12d772b9:g:b0MAAOSwiLdV9RH5

am i right in thinking they are ok to use because the Aussies drive on the correct side of the road?