Phil's 350z track day toy

philw99

Which mounts is it you're using Phil?

Not 100% sure yet, currently under investigation as I’m looking for the best option.

Don't really want to use the Sparco side mounts that came with the seats, however might have to too yet.

Seems totally pointless to spend all that money on lightweight seats then have really heavy side mounts, can't be a safety thing surely! Just all about the cost of lightweight material.

Could do with the seat being as low as possible, not fussed about it moving on a rail as it’s only me that will be driving the car.

Also looking at the possibility of getting something custom made.

• Like 1

I agree, I'd use cheapy steel mounts, anything will do. If they have to slide then you'll obviously be a bit higher up, but I'd be looking at fabbing a couple of bits of steel to the floor pan and mounting from that.

I had this same issue with my Crx. Sliding mounts are pointless especially in a two seater: if you're serious about track saying it and aren't too fussed about loads of different people driving it then I'd go with some welded in floor bars and mount your seats directly to the floor with side mounts.

It requires slot of measuring to ensure you are comfy and central with the pedals and column etc but it's well worth it. This is exactly what I've done in my Crx and previous track cars. Didn't take too long just remember to check there's no fuel lines etc running under where you're welding haha

Hope this pic of how I did it shows what I mean

AFDFBD11-C470-4C0E-B937-92C5FB3D4F50_zpslqlsqs7n.jpg

• Like 2

Looks ACE.

From experience id say you 044 inlet is too small. needs to be circa 11mm ID Minimum AN10 or AN12. oh and i wouldnt use that ebay inline filter the Surface area of them filters reduce flow and have been the bain of alot of problems on cars ive mapped :)

PS 044's are noisey as hell :)

Awsome build though buddy keep up the good work.

Do you mean mine mate? The 044 is fed with -10 and -8 lines all the way to the rail and back. This was an old pic, it's been mapped and running for about 8years on that set up with no issues haha. It's currently being stripped and rebuilt for more at the min so I will take the inline filter into account though it's a 'Russell's' filter as are the lines but eBay rubbish ;)

Steering wheel looks tidy.

Have you done this before?

Is the material stuck on as well?

Cheers pal, well happy with the results.

I've got a guy doing it for me, just been putting up pictures he's sending me.

The guy doing the work does something similar for a living.

I'm sure he's glued the material so it's not going anywhere.

Sent on the move, excuse any typos :)

Edited by philw99

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Finally after much blood sweat and tears, the seat mounts are finally finished.

Just need painting this week.

20160626_180716.jpg

Really happy with the result, the drivers seat sits really low in the car :)

No more hitting my head on the roof!

Seat belt mounts as well

Edited by philw99

Has anyone any experience with Seibon products? been told they fit really well

Thinking about ordering this front lip :

Untitled.jpg

http://seiboncarbon....ml#!prettyPhoto

Next question is who's best to order them from? can't see them on Tarmac's website.

Ordered mine from abbey, seibon stuff is ok but the wings were horrible to fit, not had xp with the lip, might be better tho

• Like 1

I cut the lump near the transmission tunnel and re-welded ...

Might have to do the same if I find the seat position isn't right :( Not drove my car with the seats in the new position yet, felt ok so fingers crossed.

Sent on the move, excuse any typos :)