A farewell set of pics....

Digsy

I like your wheels, are they still languishing in your garage? Makes your car look B)

The only thing I'm not sure of is the carbon look thingy under the grill. Its the kind of thing people would change to the body colour if it came as standard like that.

Nice :thumbs:

So whats happening to it? Sold? PX'd?

:)

PX'd against the lease car.

How does that work? Didn't know you could do that? :)

Can't with most lease co's but I'm leasing from Westway Nissan. :thumbs:

Nice :thumbs:

So whats happening to it? Sold? PX'd?

:)

PX'd against the lease car.

How does that work? Didn't know you could do that? :)

Can't with most lease co's but I'm leasing from Westway Nissan. :thumbs:

So they take your car.......maybe 17k or more....minus it off the price of a new car......£26,700........meaning your leasing a £9300 car???? Is that how it works or not? I've never looked into leasing a car before.. :blush:

a lot of people i know lease now, it makes sense if your circumstances suit and like digsy they have put the capital to better use

Maybe, but I'm yet to see a full set of circumstances were it was a better propositon. Most benefits of leasing usually are, no capital outlay, sometimes maintainence is thrown in, and you get a new car at the end of the agreement, no car to sell at the end etc.

Its still dead money imo, and I'm sure there are better propositions out there especially from a business point of view....... :)

a lot of people i know lease now, it makes sense if your circumstances suit and like digsy they have put the capital to better use

Maybe, but I'm yet to see a full set of circumstances were it was a better propositon. Most benefits of leasing usually are, no capital outlay, sometimes maintainence is thrown in, and you get a new car at the end of the agreement, no car to sell at the end etc.

Its still dead money imo, and I'm sure there are better propositions out there especially from a business point of view....... :)

agreed mate, its like renting - why would you if you can buy and invest but sometimes the capital can be put to better use or the capital isnt available at that time

agreed mate, its like renting - why would you if you can buy and invest but sometimes the capital can be put to better use or the capital isnt available at that time

Of course , but your assuming that I'm talking about using Digsy's capital, which I'm not. Take a loan for the new car. Inject money from old zed sale into the company. Monthly payments won't be far off leasing it. 6 months time business goes @*!#. Options when leasing? None. Send the car back to stop the monthly payment. Not going to keep the company afloat. Options if bought via a loan? Sell the car immediately and inject the money into the business. Ok the monthly payments continue but if the £20k injection keeps the company afloat thus turning it into a profitable outfit then its a no brainer. The worst that can happen is that the car is sold, the money goes into the company, it fails and your left with a loan to pay. I don't think Digsy is the sort of person to go into something like this blind so I'm pretty sure he knows, given time, he's quids in.

Alternatives make the mind stronger....... :)

ahh the only problem is i'm not sure if you would incur a penalty by defaulting on a contract by returning the car early ?

having never leased i'm not familiar with t&c's involved

to get an immediate sale on a zed would normally mean taking a big hit on the price

if he was to p/ex his zed and lease for the difference say for instance 9k then it would be peanuts but that doesnt seem to make sense for nissan to do that ? it cant work that way, with the capital from the p/ex he would only be leasing a

% of the car, maybe they agree buy it off you at a p/ex price give you that cash and then you lease a car ?? releasing the capital to invest ? but why not just sell it and lease ? i dont know :wacko:

Especially from a business point of view you do lease. Accounting and tax treatments are very different...... ;)

I could bore you all about capital allowances, offsetting profits and all sorts!! :lol::blush:

The deal is that I lease from them at the normal leasing rate for the Zed. I take in my Zed and they give me a cheque for the full P/X value agreed on it. Ready cash to turn into profit.

Trust me, I've weighed up the options, tax and VAT situation etc. and this is the way to go. TBH I've done little else for 2 months! :lol:

nice car digsy B)

About leasing though, through a company I almost did it as dad was getting me a cayman but didnt because id have to pay the tax of the car of it new price every year, so ended up buyng he Z not through the company, isnt that the same as your new car will be digsy?

nice car digsy B)

About leasing though, through a company I almost did it as dad was getting me a cayman but didnt because id have to pay the tax of the car of it new price every year, so ended up buyng he Z not through the company, isnt that the same as your new car will be digsy?

Blurring the lines of personal tax, and tax for businesses bud. :wacko:

nice car digsy B)

dad was getting me a cayman

:rant::rant::boxing:

:thumbs: jealous :blush: i fancy a cayman s next possibly :thumbs:

hated them at first but they've grown on me :thumbs:

Yeah I've been fancying one of these for a while now but am struggling to come to terms with the fact that when loaded up to the same spec as a Zed with GT pack, they are 20K more.

nice car digsy B)

dad was getting me a cayman

:rant::rant::boxing:

:thumbs: jealous :blush: i fancy a cayman s next possibly :thumbs:

hated them at first but they've grown on me :thumbs:

Yeah I've been fancying one of these for a while now but am struggling to come to terms with the fact that when loaded up to the same spec as a Zed with GT pack, they are 20K more.

i know what you're saying :scare: but i think the residuals may be better ?