Teal 350z build thread.

atomic350z

New to forum thought I'd share the process of my car with everybody so here goes...

Brought my 55 plate 350z a year ago travelled 3 hours to a nice place called sunbury on Thames. The car had full dealer service history and only 27,000 miles on the clock, as soon as I saw the car I had to own it. This car is my 8th car at only 23 years old! Previous cars rocket bunny s14, skyline r33 spec 2, Honda S2000 ap1 to name a few.

The car was originally the silverstone grey colour and completly untouched. First mods came just a few days later with small things like gear knobs and oil caps then I brought some team dynamic drift z wheels off a friend. Looked like this 9ae2e1d1feefd157236d51894c024543.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The car looked great but wasn't going to make me stand out enough so I contacted monster wraps and soon had it booked in for full colour change, limo window tints and smoothed bootlid, the results were amazing I owned a car in my favourite colour and was chuffed here are some photos by monster wraps

Can't quite remember the order in which some of these mods came but I'll try, I then had to buy some new wheels so I found these on wheel whores MAM 19" polished wheels

ce1ba2218b9fe4b1c3f5539eca649278.jpg

The car looked amazing and the sunlight and really popped I took it to a few shows and got in the Santa pod show and shine section in the brochure which I thought was a cool little achievement.

d9b780e9a870f245fb2e349996379b2a.jpg

Now the exterior was coming along I decided to focus a bit on the interior my friend was selling some basically new Recaro profi spg seats which I had to snap up and then contacted GSM performance and brought some Buddyclub direct figment subframes.

e899c3197559c4a186033168439feb3e.jpg

• Like 1

Also then went to Saracen Motorsport in Wisbech and got my centre console done in carbon fibre as I hated the standard look on the centre console I felt the car looks so much classier with these pieces done.

40ffb528d54320ab9ef280f46a3f86f3.jpg

Interior in my eyes was looking pretty good, I wanted to not leave anything untouched so then of course the engine bay needed seeing to, I took off all the obvious engine plastics and battery covers etc and sent them to my friend Richard to paint them up, I wanted something fairly subtle so I went for a nice silver (vw reflex silver I think) and then brought an aftermarket strut brace, mishimoto hose kit, and Samco induction hose, followed by a silver slam cooling panel.

d817bfe39b447f811cff249e3ce4e567.jpg

• Like 1

I felt the wheels weren't quite doing it for me in the end and didn't suit the car to well maybe because the MAM wheels are more typically suited to vw/Audi style rather than jap, so I went to good trusty driftworks had a chat with them about possible wheels and decided to go for some Work wheels ultimate kiwami in wmb finish 18x10.5 et15 all round. It was like Christmas Day when these turned up a couple of months later !

18b14877af136c76bdb0013bc5816f0f.jpg

fde948e4904067a3ac9daa4ba5334543.jpg

ffaddd6b31d65c154485e587730664bb.jpg

• Like 2

The car now looked very jap! Oh yeah I forgot t mention the fitting of the BC coilovers with were supplied by my friend Aaron at A.R performance in kings Lynn, I fitted them on my driveway as I have a little tiny bit of mechanical experience just from messing around with my own cars in the past and watching friends. Here's also a pic of the seats fitted in my z which I should of put back there ^^ lol f84513f4b3942c169d1fa7cd36dbbf35.jpg

• Like 1

And that's how my car currently sits now I have many plans for show season and my main aim is to get some features or maybe awards in the future! I think I'm on the right track! Here's a little mention in banzai magazine 3ed4f1981eabd5464e2ba6ef5074f459.jpg

6e68c2881ed440a565a8f768d93b071b.jpg

Hope my build threads ok never wrote one before ! Will be adding more as parts arrive ! Thanks

b7e549394a0eaa8e7b5b5fb09f2bbd8b.jpg

23254f0a11334e2bc0fbb79cb9d77cad.jpg

446a4860c1ee0dec26fa52077eecf016.jpg

aa5a71118b2a702df9e98fe816b8123c.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks guys, it's pretty easy mate but to be honest I can't say I ever use them lol yeah the buddy club subframes offer a fair bit of movement actually obviously forward and backwards a fair way, but you can also have a choice of three heights to fix the seats and a tilt

• Like 2

I've actually missed out a fair bit, but here's the current spec any pic requests or questions just ask.

Full colour change 3m Atomic Teal

Work emotion ultimate kiwami wheels 18x10.5j et15.

Gold muteki wheel nuts

Nankang ns20 tyres 275/35/18

BC br type coilovers

Tarmac sportz front splitter

Tarmac sportz side splitters

Tarmac sportz rear diffuser with vortex generators.

Cobra cat back exhaust system

Carbon fibre intake

Carbon fibre wing mirrors

Headlight brows

De spoilered and smoothed bootlid

Recaro profi spg buckets seats

Buddyclub seat subframes

Carbon fibre dipped centre console

Carbon fibre gear knob

Schroth racing harness pads

Custom painted engine bay plastics

Custom slam cooling panel

Mishimoto silicone hose kit blue

Samco induction hose

Gold oil cap

Rear 3 Windows tinted limo black

Superflex bushes

Sabelt steering wheel

Hkb boss

Does look really nice , good job :)

On your recaro seats , can you get the belt clip ( female end ) to sit through the gap in the seat ? , if that makes sense !

Been looking at the seating position quite a bit and want to confirm you sit lower than the standard seats ? Any chance of a pic with you sat in there to get perspective ?

Really appreciate the help on these . As you know they are pricey , so want as much info as possible before I purchase :)

Hi mate yeah that's understandable they are very expensive, I'll get my gf to take a pic of me in the car tomorrow in the daylight, as for the seatbelt buckles they do not go through the hole in the seat but over it if that makes since. You'll see better when I take photos tomorrow.

You can't see the seatbelt bit on the driver side but it's easily accessed to plug in, the belt goes over the seat as you see in the passenger side. I don't see how the belt could go through the holes be far to awkward

• Like 1

Just done the rear window wiper delete only took 10 minutes thought it might be a bit trickier but it was easy which is good just need to buy the proper bung and cover it in a piece of vinyl wrap so it blends in definitely happier with how it looks. 3da0baf21150f4e3530e4e06d4295d97.jpg

• Like 3