Sideswiped/hit and run'd :(

coyoteboy

On another note, if someone sideswiped me I would follow them until they stop and get details off them, if that meant phoning the police as soon as I stop, then so be it, no way would I be letting them away with it.

I tried, totally lost her in traffic (fairly busy dual carriageway with a lot of side junctions). That said, it would have made no difference, she refused to accept she did it, she'd have refused at the time too, the only difference is I'd have had photos of the car but no proof of the impact. The only real solution would have been to stop other people as witnesses but the event was so minor in appearance I doubt anyone would have been bothered stopping in the moving queue - certainly no-one looked like they were going to as I initially indicated to pull over.

Police don't care as no-one was injured, it's not something they'll even be called out to - it's a follow up visit after the fact at the very most (and they didn't) - they lost the report for 4 weeks.

If its a hit and run its a legal matter I assume? I would have demanded police visit the woman to assess the evidence. They are so lazy most of the time the would probably say no but I would have pushed it hard

If its a hit and run its a legal matter I assume? I would have demanded police visit the woman to assess the evidence. They are so lazy most of the time the would probably say no but I would have pushed it hard

It`s not a case of the police being lazy. It`s a case of what they can and cannot now deal with due to the constant cuts made by the government. The people re elected a government which year after year have made cuts to the police services so it is no use now complaining about how bad a service they get from the police.

Police don't care as no-one was injured, it's not something they'll even be called out to - it's a follow up visit after the fact at the very most (and they didn't) - they lost the report for 4 weeks.

Maybe they arnt interested as theres no witnesses or something I guess.

I never forget when I was 17 and I drove past a stationary car once which was sticking out of a side road. I didnt realise it but somehow "apparently" I managed to slightly catch the back corner of the other cars bumper on my passenger door. As I didnt know, I didnt stop. First I heard about it was a few days later when the police turned up asking who had been driving the car as it was involved in an accident. Both the copper & me couldnt see any damage at all on my car or where I had apparently "hit" the other car. In the end I noticed a small barely visible pencil line mark on the passengers door, about 3 inches long which wasnt there before, so we could only assume that might have been caused by the "incident".

Anyway, the police took me to court as the other drivers best mate conveniently happened to be standing on the side of the road and said he witnessed the whole thing. He detailed how he saw some woman with long hair (err im a bloke with a shaved head), hitting the side of the other car then speeding off. The other drivers car had already been involved in another accident previously and already had significant damage to the back of the car & bumper which clearly could not have been caused by my car due to the lack of damage to my car but thats what they were claiming had been done.

Anyway, as a 17 year old who had never been in court before and had only just past his driving test the polices lawyer ran rings around me and the magistrate joyfully gave me 10 points on my shiny new license and of course fined me plus all the lawyer costs etc.

It was made slightly better by my insurance company laughing at the other drivers fraudulent claim and telling him where to go, however 10 points on your license at 17 certainly made getting any car insurance very interesting for a very long time afterwards.