Dean's Azure Blue 350Z

Dean_m

So after owning my 350Z since for a few months now, I thought it was about time I started a project thread.

Previous car was Fiesta ST, so pretty different to the Zed! Some pics below..

image_zps5eog06kw.png

image_zpsebbgpc6z.jpeg

image_zpsvvkridli.jpeg

After searching for a while I found this azure blue 2004 Zed with only 40k miles, fell in love with it and bought it there and then. The day I viewed it...

image_zpsu4dhlxd8.jpeg

As soon as I got home I bought stubby aerial and satin silver "Z" badges.

Not many mods happened over the next month, just lots of driving and enjoying the car. Drove to Wales with some mates one weekend, some pics below...

image_zps5ffq1obs.jpeg

image_zpscifyhkr0.jpeg

Shortly after this I bought some Motordyne ART decats from Arran, and then bought a Cobra resonated catback from Jetpilot (thanks Sherlock for picking this up for me!!)

Have also de badged the 350Z badge and de wipered the rear.

image_zps4felcqrs.jpeg

image_zps8ckfwnay.jpeg

Loads of plans for the zed which should be happening over the next few months!

Yeah sounds amazing, will have to get some videos uploaded!

Haha cheers mate!

Got a Japspeed K2 catback too that I took off the car, back box has a slight rattle in it at around 3.5k revs. Does anyone know a reasonable price for it??

Over the last few days I managed to give the car a quick detail and add some protection for the coming months, something which I've been wanting to do for a while!

image_zpsyc8aityx.jpeg

image_zps5feio3tp.jpeg

image_zpsszqabyos.jpeg

image_zpssk6umk06.jpeg

image_zps8twxmott.jpeg

Couldn't get many more decent pics as it started to rain.. But on a positive note got some beading pictures.

image_zpsqcsdoo4n.jpeg

image_zpsbh5swkx6.jpeg

image_zpsljypwgis.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Awesome colour, and lovely bit of beading B)

Cheers. Yeah I bought a matching handbrake gaiter but not too sure how to fit it. Any ideas? Been searching for a guide but can't seem to find anything

I'm not sure if it's the correct way to do it, but I did it by removing the centre tunnel (is that what it's called? The big price of plastic running between the 2 seats). After you remove the centre tunnel, I placed the gaiter over the handbrake and put the centre tunnel back.

Buster's explanation of how to take off the centre tunnel. Make sure you take a look at post #8 just below as well, as he points out 3/5 screws.

Warning - the wire harness underneath is an absolute PITA to remove... :rant:

P.S. I have the same gaiters. :) Don't have a gear knob finisher though. :wacko:

Edited by Hodaka

Thanks mate! Thought it would involve removing the centre tunnel.

Will give it a go soon, may order a different handbrake too to match the gearknob and do it all in one hit

The finisher came in the packet with the gearknob, along with the gear shift sticker.

Thanks mate! Thought it would involve removing the centre tunnel.

Will give it a go soon, may order a different handbrake too to match the gearknob and do it all in one hit

The finisher came in the packet with the gearknob, along with the gear shift sticker.

No problem at all! Other than the wiring harness, it's very easy :)

Just FYI, I think I read somewhere that one person didn't even bother taking the tunnel off. He put the gaiter on from the top, and stuffed it into the centre tunnel using a flathead screwdriver. Didn't work for me though, so I did it via the Buster's method.

I guess I better take another look at my Nismo knob box. Maybe it was in there and I just missed it. :wacko:

Yeah I did try doing it that way, couldn't stuff it in neatly though and when I did the stitching wasn't lined up along the top of the handbrake so I gave up!

Yeah it was in the Nismo box behind the sticker. I almost missed mine too when fitting it. :)

Yeah I did try doing it that way, couldn't stuff it in neatly though and when I did the stitching wasn't lined up along the top of the handbrake so I gave up!

Yeah it was in the Nismo box behind the sticker. I almost missed mine too when fitting it. :)

Yeah pretty much exactly the same as me.

Aha... That's probably where it is then as I left the stickers in the box for now. Hopefully I haven't lost the box! :lol: