Oil pick up and temp question

Bodyboarder81

Hi , after a bit of advise and info if possible .

I run a stillen oil cooler and greddy sump

Im not mechanically minded at all so sorry for that !!

Im aware that the pick up for the oil of the engine is in the sump ...... But from the pick up point in the sump does the oil go through the oil cooler / filter then to the engine ? Or does it go through the engine then through the oil cooler then to the sump ?

My oil temp sensore is in the sump ...... What should this ( in an ideal world ) be reading ?

As ever appreciate any help

Hi , after a bit of advise and info if possible .

I run a stillen oil cooler and greddy sump

Im not mechanically minded at all so sorry for that !!

Im aware that the pick up for the oil of the engine is in the sump ...... But from the pick up point in the sump does the oil go through the oil cooler / filter then to the engine ? Or does it go through the engine then through the oil cooler then to the sump ?

My oil temp sensore is in the sump ...... What should this ( in an ideal world ) be reading ?

As ever appreciate any help

My oil cooler is set up as a feed from the pump via oil cooler to motor on a thermostat and then back to sump. Oil temps should be between 75C and around 110-115C may be 120c on track but much higher than this can damage the oil.

• Like 1

Both ways work in my opinion.

From the motor will give a reading that will show how hard your working the oil.

After the cooler will give you a reading that will show the cooler is working.

Nissan read the oil temp on the HR in the sump casing which I think is in the feed from the oil pump to the oil filter.

With a OBD reader and the oil temp sensor reading from after the oil cooler you can see how well your cooler is working.

• Like 1