windows vista advice pls....

stuey

Sorry forgot to mention - you will most likely get Norton 360 with your shiny Vista pc - be afriad!

Do not install it if its not already installed - its the biggest pile of poo !

Very clunky and effectively uses up any spare horsepower you may have left, oh and slows your disk drive down also - just get another antivirus software not Norton - far too clunky ! :yuck:

Stan

Sorry forgot to mention - you will most likely get Norton 360 with your shiny Vista pc - be afriad!

Do not install it if its not already installed - its the biggest pile of poo !

Very clunky and effectively uses up any spare horsepower you may have left, oh and slows your disk drive down also - just get another antivirus software not Norton - far too clunky ! :yuck:

Stan

+1 norton is pants - too resource hungry and too intrusive :rant:

(and a pita to get rid of )

my laptop is 1.86 pentium 4 processor.... duel core.......... 160 gig sata hard drive......

Intel® Pentium® dual-core processor T2130 (1.86 GHz, 533 MHz FSB, 1 MB L2-cache

1 meg i think.....

2048MB 667MHz Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM [2x1024 ......!!

also wiv home premium......... :)

is this any good.............. :blush:

Apart from de-installing Norton, and those "free" copies of Office 2007 which allow you to created files which are not compatible with Office 2003 and then tell you after two months that you've go to buy a license.......

... its worth remembering that any system that comes with Vista can be "downgraded" to XP using the same license.

is this any good

Aye that should be fine dont worry - just dont use Norton I cant say it enough - I still cant get rid of the damn thing off mine (this one I am using now)

Enjoy your 'puter - I would also recommend a USB hard drive - Costco do a Western Digital 500GB hard drive for about £70 - bargain - keep all your important stuff there as a backup - free's up your laptop to store rubbish instead! :lol:

Stan

seems a decent spec laptop stuey, good enough cpu speed and 2 gig of ram, dual core pentium, 160 gig hd is good, the norm is still 120 gb

what make is it ? where from ? how much ? if you dont mind :blush: (i would guess about £500 - £550 ? )

as stan says get an external hd or a decent memory stick would probably cover what you need it for

i've got my laptop with an external hd and a terrabyte on this one, just fills up so quick ! mainly mp3's

you have 1 meg ram and 1.8 ghz processor speed, which is fine for Vista.

Only go to PC(rip off world (which is Dixons as you know also)) when they have deals on - but generally best place is to buy online - dabs or even ebuyer (but they are box shifters though) just shop about - sometimes the manufacturers have good deals on their own onlineshops. Sorry if I am teaching you to suck eggs mate. :blush: Dell usually have good deals on this time of year just watch those extras - they add up the price and the next thing you know its a soddin fortune.

Costco even have great deals but they are only good in spring when they get the latest bling and then the price stays the same for the rest of the year by which time everyone catches up. (My secoind home Costco!) :teeth:

Wish they sold 350Z's - would be about £10K for a ragtop! :lol: With a 5 year warranty included and no hassle to take back if you did'nt like it after 10 months! :lol:

Stan