Optima / Spiral Cell batteries - what size for 350z?

Squee

Hi all,

I need to get a new battery sorted (and ASAP). The old battery is, I believe to be, the original and given that the car was registered on 1st Dec 2004 it will make it roughly 11 years old tomorrow!

I have heard good things about Ultima batteries (seem to be some spiral cell thingys). I was told by someone that the size needed for the zed was a D35 model but looking on their site the nearest is a D37 so don't know if the 35 has been discontinued?

http://www.optimabat...uk/en/7-red-top

So if anyone can tell me what size of Ultima battery I should get I would be MASSIVELY grateful. And do I need a reversed terminal one (my zed isn't currently with me so I can't check the terminals myself).

Or if anyone can suggest another brand of spiral cell (or similar) battery that would be great.

Unfortunately I do a lot of very short journeys which doesn't do the battery any favours.

Thanks all!

S.

Edited by Squee

Thanks Haydn, I have called them but bizarrely I was given a model number much different from the first one recommended. But I will go with their advice anyway. And the sales lady couldn't tell me if I needed reverse terminals or not (I *think* UK spec don't need them that way around).

Just waiting for a call back from Clark Motorsport :)

Cheers again,

S.

Ended up getting the Optima 4.2 from Ebay - £134 including postage (on the official Optima site it was £168 inc shipping). Unfortunately Clark Motorsport say they don't ship batteries anymore so don't know what it would have cost from there.

Here's a description on the spiral cell batteries if anyone reading this is interested: http://www.autobatte...ell-technology/

Will report back once it's arrived and installed :)

S.

Edited by Squee

• 4 months later...

Update time!

Went ahead and bough the swish 6 cell battery back in November and I have to say I'm very, very pleased with it and would certainly recommend one if you can stomach the price (£130 ish).

I'm ashamed to say I don't use my Zed that often any more since the R33 unexpectedly entered my life back in January. But there's been a few times recently that I haven't used the 350 for a fortnight and go to start it on a cold day and it roars into life with absolutely no hesitation at all. I will be gradually replacing all of my batteries with the 6 cell technology.

S.

• 4 weeks later...

Update time!

Went ahead and bough the swish 6 cell battery back in November and I have to say I'm very, very pleased with it and would certainly recommend one if you can stomach the price (£130 ish).

I'm ashamed to say I don't use my Zed that often any more since the R33 unexpectedly entered my life back in January. But there's been a few times recently that I haven't used the 350 for a fortnight and go to start it on a cold day and it roars into life with absolutely no hesitation at all. I will be gradually replacing all of my batteries with the 6 cell technology.

S.

Hi Squee, i was recommended this one from Customer service for the 350z, dows it look right to you?

https://www.tayna.co.uk/Optima-Yellow-Top-Battery-YTS-2.7RJ-P4567.html