Help!....before I pay thousands more :(

cwalkero

Well no one from the Dealership has actually called to tell us what they did to the car. They left a message on my voicemail saying that they have replaced the master cylinder. Thing is....what if I had already changed it 6 months previously and that I didnt want it changed. They should of called to advise of what they found and if I was happy for them to replace it. When I told the Service Manager previously that I wasnt given a courtesy car, he didnt offer it to me the next time.

My partner contacted Nissan to give them an update and they arent happy. They are lodging a complaint to the dealership from their head office at the appalling service we have had. I need to find time to take the car out properly so I will do it on Friday and we will see what happens. Definitely a lesson learned by Nissan shouldnt be using dealerships that have no clue in fixing their brand of cars.

• Like 1

They changed the master cylinder for free, so I wouldn't complain about that. I'm guessing they're pretty sure that you hadn't changed that anyway, since you've not exactly demonstrated a wealth of knowledge to them (not a criticism, we all had to start somewhere!).

Can you please explain to me why they changed tie rods, bushes and tyres? Did you mention another issue we're not aware of? Were you aware of these costs before the work started? Did they give you a quote before work began, or a job card at least?

• Like 1

Can you please explain to me why they changed tie rods, bushes and tyres? Did you mention another issue we're not aware of? Were you aware of these costs before the work started? Did they give you a quote before work began, or a job card at least?

See his first sentence in post No.46, in answer to me seeking clarification on the 'other work'. A risky thing to do giving them virtually a blank cheque but the poor guy (literally now!) has hopefully learnt a hard lesson on how to not presume that because a garage has NISSAN over the door it will always mean a job well done at fair prices.

• Like 1

Right, missed that in the ramble, thanks Colin. So really it's not £3200 paid for a clutch that doesn't work at all, it's actually £761 + whatever labour out of £428 remaining when you take everything else into consideration. Still money not needed, but even so it's not the thousands that people keep referring to.

So where are we now? Forget all this nonsense about courtesy cars, they don't have to give you one regardless and even if they did you'd end up paying insurance on it. Really, that should've been asked for at day one before anything else happened if you thought you'd need it. Take the car back, leave it with them, and tell them to fix it: Right now, that's your priority. You're in a mess regardless, but at least concentrate on one thing at a time. If you start badgering them and NMGB, you're just going to get their back up if you haven't already.

For the love of god don't EVER agree to having a car dropped off if you're not there to receive it! Totally asking for trouble. Do what normal people do and take it down there, then collect after they say they've fixed it: That way, if it's still borked you simply leave it with them still, or if it's dirty then they can clean it there and then (although why you'd want a dealer to wash your car with a gritty sponge and filthy muddy water is beyond me).

I agree their standards have been poor, but at the same time I think you've let yourself be treated like a doormat. You need to make things a bit more simple here to get your result, and concentrate on the important things.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I think this just goes to prove that most of the "Techs" at Nissan dealerships are like most double glazing salesmen. As soon as the warranty has run out find yourself a competent independent. The Dealership "Techs" at my local dealership don't know the difference between a radiator and an intercooler and its already been said, for their hourly rate you expect a decent level of competence.