JDM Civic Type R FD2

wanta350

Just stumbled on to this car, and for me it looks like a really good bargain.....apparently in a few years time, prices will plummet.....

£20k right now for a brand new one imported.....but hopefully 15k in two three years.....

Perfect when I need a family car!!! :lol:

Was trying to convince my future mother in law (worried that i drive too quickly) and my fiancee (also worried) that its a sensible family saloon car... :lol: the mother in law looked a bit confused.....

Ahhhhhh, the thought of having a nismo kitted 350z as my weekend car, the fd2 as my faily commuter motor....and eventually move onto the GTR :D

What a nice dream..... :yahoo:

DSC05648.jpg

damn it, i can't figure out how to post pics...even with the onscreen instructions.......

ok, lets have another go....

From memory left click the img code to select all. Copy and paste. It gets easier with time :) Was just about to correct yours when you edited it, cant see it now as we have a vodac block :rant:

Technology :headhurt:

Anyway, back on topic, I would suggest anything sensible that allows you to get the zed, a nice 1.4 estate cr for example ;)

If it looked like the UK Type R but went like the JDM I'd be more interested.

Disagree Digsy - UK Type R sucks :yuck: and none of the testers I respect have rated it - a poor imitation of the earlier model. The JDM that wanta350 has found is a far superior car - and as good as an Integra - better if you need 4 doors/seats. The only downside from what I hear is the ride is VERY hard so not exactly family orientated which might not go down too well with the women in wanta350's life.

If it looked like the UK Type R but went like the JDM I'd be more interested.

Disagree Digsy - UK Type R sucks :yuck: and none of the testers I respect have rated it - a poor imitation of the earlier model. The JDM that wanta350 has found is a far superior car - and as good as an Integra - better if you need 4 doors/seats. The only downside from what I hear is the ride is VERY hard so not exactly family orientated which might not go down too well with the women in wanta350's life.

You seem to have misunderstood me, mate. I said I would be interested if it "looked" like the UK car (which has taken a hammering in the motoring press but not for its looks which are streets ahead of the old "breadvan") and "went" like the JDM that has been posted here, which is as you say a superior car to drive (although it looks like the disgraceful electric Civics that you see around). :)

PS The Stig likes the UK car but does seem to be in the minority.

hehehe, just me then..... :lol:

I reckon sinbad will like it and P15UL T :)

I do like it. :lol::blush: Keeps getting raving reviews and mentions of it being the best new fwd car available. Its not as good looking as the Teg for me but its meant to drive better. Performance is meant to be better than the Teg too but this is meant to be down to its bridgstones 070's it wears.

Im with Digsy though, it would be much better if it looked like the UK model.

Dicksons of Perths and 200bhpcars are importing these in along with Litchfields.

Id be tempted if i was after a small family car.