New clutch/flywheel recommendations

duudiz

Afternoon guys, my clutch is starting to slip so it's time to look at changing it as I am taking the car on track soon.

I work at a dealership so labour will be reasonable, I would like recommendations on the best clutch and flywheel package. Who is the best person to buy them off too? I would go non standard if there is a better option available.

Thanks

Another one guys, funds are a bit tight so changing both the flywheel and clutch is pushing it at the moment. My car has done 100k on the original clutch, would I be ok getting just the clutch done? Labour is cheap for me so I don't mind paying again down the line for a flywheel if need be

Another one guys, funds are a bit tight so changing both the flywheel and clutch is pushing it at the moment. My car has done 100k on the original clutch, would I be ok getting just the clutch done? Labour is cheap for me so I don't mind paying again down the line for a flywheel if need be

I would recommend changing both as its good practice to both at the same time.

We can do Exedy or Competition clutch, drop me a pm if I can help

Chris

If you only do the clutch and the flywheel goes soon after you're going to have to pay for all that labor again to get the gearbox out. Saving money now may end up costing more in the long run.

Have you had the Z long? The clutch gave out on mine about 4 weeks into ownership. I opted for the Exedy clutch and CC flywheel, the light flywheel is way nicer than the stock duel mass one, one of the best mods I've done.

what ZMAN said.. dual mass fly will be shot at 100k... get them both done. Exedy clutch is basically the same as OEM the flywheel options are many and varied and depends on how much noise you are willing to put up with. I went with the standard dual mass fly and exedy clutch kit from Ewen at Clark Motorsport. while you at it change the thrust bearing and spigot and change out the slave cylinder and fit a braided line

Edited by SteveM

this is what I had done all sourced from Ewen ;)

Exedy OEM kit with uprated release bearing

LUK OEM Dual mass flywheel

OEM Slave cylinder, uprated clutch line and RBF600 fluid

New OEM Nissan spigot bearing

New OEM Nissan clutch fork pivot ball

Edited by SteveM