Alloys courier?

Hodaka

Hi guys,

So... I finally got myself a set of rays but they're located in Shrewsbury. I'm based in Farnham, Surrey, so it'd be a 6 hour round trip. Although I might try and borrow my wife's Mazda 2, I'm exploring the possibility of getting a courier.

Paisley Freight seems to be a name that comes up often, but there seems to be so many negative experiences of them (including Zmanalex) that I'd like to avoid them. Right now I'm leaning towards http://www.simpsontransport.com/ , but I was wondering if anyone had any other recommendations?

Thanks in advance! :)

Hodaka

Thanks a lot for your recommendation. I'll definitely check them out. :) I take it the seller would have to package them up prior to collection?

Also, you don't happen to know where I can find out weight and dimensions of rays with tyres x4? I did find the below but I'm not sure what tyres add... First time changing wheels so it's all a bit confusing! :headhurt:

Front

Size: 18x8.0

Offset: +30mm

Weight: 18.19lbs

Tire: 225/45/18

Rear

Size: 18x8.5

Offset: +33mm

Weight: 18.62lbs

Tire: 245/45/18

Edited by Hodaka

Yes , the seller would need to package 'em up prior to collection.

18" Rays with Falkens fitted as per your stated sizes.

Fronts: 65cm diameter, 23cm across the width and weighing 19.6 Kg each

Rears: 65cm diameter, 25cm across the width and weighing 20.3 Kg each

• Like 1

Thanks for all your responses everyone. :)

I just got a quote back from Simpsons, which was £75. From what I've seen from my research & Veilside's comment, this seems quite high.

I'll take a look into TNT and Paisley (although I'm still a tad apprehensive). The rays need refurbing anyway so I'm not sure what I'm being so paranoid about tbh :lol: I guess it's just because it's my first time buying/transporting wheels.

Again thanks all, much appreciated! :teeth:

Just a quick update. I decided to just go with Paisley in the end. They should be picking it up on Monday and deliver it on Tuesday.

I heard the 24 hours isn't guaranteed but I'm in no rush to receive. As long as it gets collected on Monday and doesn't get lost etc... I'll be a happy bunny :)

Thanks again all! :thumbs:

• Like 1

Paisley are a horrible, horrible company with horrible people working for them and about the worst rep you can get. Good luck :D

I can get wheels sent through our TNT anywhere in UK for about £30, but I think we have discounts in place. Good luck again, youll probably need it :lol:

Paisley are a horrible, horrible company with horrible people working for them and about the worst rep you can get. Good luck :D

I can get wheels sent through our TNT anywhere in UK for about £30, but I think we have discounts in place. Good luck again, youll probably need it :lol:

Weeeeeell.... a bit late now so I guess I'll just keep all my fingers crossed :cry:

A quick update, collected and delivered as promised. I know the 24 hours isn't guaranteed, but it showed up within 24 hours of collection. :)

Just a quick cheeky pic of the rims. Not bad for £150! :teeth: Planning to try and refurb them myself.

20151117_102556_zpsvpf03c0o.jpg

• Like 1