Petrol additives... yeah or nay?

PKAT

Used 10K boost (spray can through the air intake) On 3 seperate cars including the Zed. A ton of crap came out the back of the two ford focuses, not as much crap came out the Zed when I used it at 74K miles, which leads me to think that the previous owner was using V-Power regularly or has used a cleaner himself before.

Anyway, noticed a huge difference on the two ford's in terms of acceleration and power, noticed little difference with the Zed.

Iv'e also used Cataclean (put down the fuel tank) on the Zed. This one gave me a much a smoother idle, and the emmission figures at MOT test came in Low, so it's done something good.

Iv'e got some Halford voucher taking up space in my wallet so looking to try a different brand soon, iv'e heard the Lucas Oil brand is the best one out there from two separate mechanics.

And many dealership garages use BG44K when they service vehicles.

Anyone used the seafoam product, gets good reviews

Dont touch it , its rubbish , have seen it wreck engines

It's effective, so effective in fact that it can also be dangerous, either avoid, or use it carefully.

An alternative would be Terraclean.

It's effective, so effective in fact that it can also be dangerous, either avoid, or use it carefully.

I'd be very wary of using Terraclean myself also

I'd be very wary of using Terraclean myself also

Really!? I'll have to do some more research, so far iv'e read that it can't fully clean all areas of the engine if it's direct fuel injection, which leads to my question is the 2004 VQ35DE Multi-Port or Direct?

EDIT: It uses SFI (Sequential Fuel Injection) which is just a more efficient version of Multi-Port according to Z Wiki: http://www.350z-tech...hp?title=VQ35DE

Edited by DarmoZ

• 2 weeks later...