NAS Help!

Tricky-Ricky

This is driving me nuts, I have a Zyxel 320s NAS bought earlier this year, and its been perfectly fine until now, last night I decided to install two new packages that basically allow cloud storage and access, don't remember touching anything else, now I suddenly cant access any of the shared content via both my TVs, PS3 and computers via the web based interface, however I can access it via the computer network with no problem.

Now I have gone through all the settings and cant see any reason for this, I have also uninstalled the packages and disabled any others that I thought might have any impact, but I am now out of ideas, so any help or suggestions very welcome, other than what I have done before I have no idea, and am not particularly knowledgeable when its comes to NAS setup.

No duplicates, just cant figure just what has changed, the fact that its accessible via the home network but not via web streaming, but then shouldn't it be able to stream via home network to the TV?

And the other very odd thing is the fact that when it was powered down and disconnected, it worked on reconnection, and then stopped, what could cause that?

Also been through the router config but cant find anything that looks amiss.

Edit: no problem with ping either!

Edited by Tricky-Ricky

When I added the cloud black magic to my NAS (different brand) I had to re-visit lots of the security settings because I had similar experiences as you.

Tried reading the release notes for the SW you recently added?

If you remove the SW does the problem go away?

Update!

Well all of a sudden it seems to be working yet I have changed nothing that haven't changed before, IE back to the setting that its normally used on both NAS and router.

I am now wondering if it was down to the media server that it uses, Twonky, however if I use the the web link on the NAS it will ask for a password but reject any that I give it despite it being right, but as most know the free version which I would think its running (cant change that) is no longer supported, at least to the public, I downloaded a trial onto my laptop and wonder if logging into this has helped...probably not but at least its working for now.

The only thing I can think of is that logging into one of the web based add on's like you say has inadvertently changed a minor setting, but I have now uninstalled pretty much everything.