Wider tyre on OEM wheel

luka761

Hello all,

Hoping a tyre guru might be able to help. So I've got the Rays wheels on the 370 currently fitted with a 275 width Kumho tyre and 20mm spacers. I would like to fit a 285 Goodyear and 25mm spacers to get a wider more aggressive stance. Can anyone envisage any problems or knows of anyone who has run into trouble such as having to roll out your wheel arches etc?

Unless you have a huge drop it should be fine.

I run a 20mm spacer front and back with a 30mm drop with a 275 rear tyre with no problems,

I would probably get away with a 285 as its only another 5mm closer to the arch

Edited by flyboy

I take your point but that's a matter of personal asthetic's, I'm interested if I can go a bit further then flyboy without anything jarring or scraping. By the time I've bought the tyres its kind of too late to decide its a bad idea. Does anyone know of someone who has fitted 285's on the rear with 25mm spacers?

I had 305's on my 350z with stock ride height but custom alloys (19"). I found during pacey driving if you hit dips in the road the tyres would scrape against something as the body of the car pushed down onto the springs.

Edited by luka761