Rim Ringz/Blades Protectors

DarmoZ

So after reading this thread: http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/84396-rim-ringz-rim-protectors/

I want to get a set as my last wheels look terrible from parking (all happened in first weeks of ownership, was still getting used to the vehicle).

Need help deciding on colour.

The Zed is Silver with tinted windows

The wheels are dark blue/black and Hydrodipped (pic below)

What Colour Rim protector shall I go for? I was thinking Silver as it will contrast the rims and stand out but match the colour of the car, what else do you think?

5e4bc45ac4a7663a0e6c55b6a1d1fb0b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi mate. No they not universal and as Davey said they won't fit on your wheels. The rims need to have a lip where you can put the rings on otherwise it won't be attached properly. I liked the look of them, they were drawing attention but the problem I had with it was the hooks what go between the rim and tire, they were causing tires losing air pressure and I threw them to the bin ( plus putting them on its too much effort ) . If you want to spend 50 quid on that I would better refurbish your alloy for that money as it's not worth it mate, that's what I should have done it in a first place.

• Like 1

I agree with Damiiian, I've looked at these before (including other brands like Gators)....reviews seem to indicate not the easiest to fit! I've only ever seen a handful of cars that can really pull this look off in style, mostly Beamers, and if you get the look wrong your car is going to look s***! You might as well go ahead and add the door protectors and drive in your slippers. Bite the bullet and get a refurb!

• Like 1

Thanks guys good to know about this, I think I might try the ones from RimBlades Instead then, they are like a strip of tape with self adhesive on one side and you just wrap around, no clips like the Ringz and gator brands. They are only £25 on eBay too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk