Painted Rays

MrsNiki

Has anybody painted the standard 19" Rays black? Fancy doing this but would like to see pics first/gather opinions on it.

Not really fancying aftermarket alloys as I love the Rays, it's just with my next round of mods, they'll look better black!

Niki :D

Via Google

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=370z+rays+black&safe=off&rlz=1C9BKJA_enGB590GB590&hl=en-US&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAWoVChMIwee-0OC-yAIVQdUUCh0QdgLo&biw=768&bih=909#imgrc=MPD5DZ_lWgsNEM%3A

I like dark wheels on a white car, but I prefer a shade such as gun metal. Black can make the wheels look a bit lost in the arches.

Edited by sipar69
  • Like 1

Via Google

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=370z+rays+black&safe=off&rlz=1C9BKJA_enGB590GB590&hl=en-US&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAWoVChMIwee-0OC-yAIVQdUUCh0QdgLo&biw=768&bih=909#imgrc=MPD5DZ_lWgsNEM%3A

I like dark wheels on a white car but I prefer a shade such as gun metal as I think black can make the wheels look a bit lost in the arches.

+1

I always fancied gold with my white car before going candy red and black takes away the definition in the Rays

• Like 2

Love love love the red rims on that last photo!! But anyway, thinking a high gloss/metallic black or an anthracite shade for definite, will match high gloss black side diffusers and front splitter!

Cheers for the help/pics :D

• Like 2

Gold on white is very jdm, looks awesome, dont like dark as the photos above, the wheel is lost and

looks like its covered in brake dust :)

And my red wheels were covered in brake dust after our 160 mile trip to the Ace, i wasnt gonna scratch them by trying to dry clean them!!

You should see them shine when clean :)

• Like 1