Odd central locking issue!

Zeezeebaba

Since the start of this recent bout of wet weather my DE has developed an odd issue. After the car has been stood for 12 or more hours in the rain the first press of the remote opens the drivers door as normal but a second press doesnt engage the the passenger door. However if I manually open the lock from inside and lock the car straight away it will perform perfectly. It will also perform perfectly if left for say 9 or so hours.

Initially I thought it was the remote key battery on its way out but after changing the battery it still happens.

So Im assuming it must be the locking mechanism sticking in some way, has anyone else had this issue? If so Im thinking it needs lubricating or indeed water is getting somewhere it shouldnt be.

Any ideas are most welcome :)

Thanks

IIRC....... you hold the lock and unlock buttons down together for more than 2 5 seconds to change between just the driver's door opening at the first push or both doors opening with one push. Hope that's right as its over a year now since I had my last ZED :blush:

Edit: see here http://www.350z-uk.c...__hl__unlocking which reveals the option does not seem to work on all Zeds.

Tried it on mine before your edit....didn't work :( Mine is an 04, oh well worth a try!

Having found that thread I did find it strange why some Zeds did not have the feature (OK maybe the JDMs) but my first ZED was a 2004 UK one and it worked on that ..... :shrug:

Tried it on mine before your edit....didn't work :( Mine is an 04, oh well worth a try!

Having found that thread I did find it strange why some Zeds did not have the feature (OK maybe the JDMs) but my first ZED was a 2004 UK one and it worked on that ..... :shrug:

Can you remember if you do it with the doors locked or unlocked? Just tried again....nothing :(

Well I bit the bullet and went to Nissan on this one. The fob battery I used was duff so £7.20 later both remote batteries replaced and all working perfectly. No reprogramming required all good. I've not tried the single shot opening trick yet though.

Can you remember if you do it with the doors locked or unlocked? Just tried again....nothing :(

Can only suggest you follow the advice on the thread I linked above . :)

• 2 weeks later...

No idea what I've done but I seem to have to press the fob 3 times to open passenger door now.......grrrrrr :(

Mine worked a treat first time - if/when we end up in close proximity I'll be happy to have a go for you!