Track wheels and tyres

Zedrush

Hi its the dreaded me :blush:

I need to get some wheels that I can use for track and for winter and do a little drifting in, bit late i know :blush: Im keeping my GT-S volk for summer show only.

So question is, do I go for:

18" or 19"

what type is best for track and general purpose, split of light weight

And what tyres would you suggest and size.

really appreciate some help here guys thanks :thumbs:

Hi its the dreaded me :blush:

I need to get some wheels that I can use for track and for winter and do a little drifting in, bit late i know :blush: Im keeping my GT-S volk for summer show only.

So question is, do I go for:

18" or 19"

what type is best for track and general purpose, split of light weight

And what tyres would you suggest and size.

really appreciate some help here guys thanks :thumbs:

18" forged rims for light weight. I'd suggest a 1 piece with no polished lip to get you through the winter.

Rota are cheap and light despite not being forged and can be purchased from our own Bigphil in an 18". Look a lot like Nismos too. :thumbs:

what supension are you going to be running ? oem ? coilovers ? lowered this will alter the stress sent to the wheels/tyres

i'm not sure about smaller wheels (not much experience on this) but would smaller wheels mean bigger tyres so more flex/give on the side walls ? kev will probably know

what supension are you going to be running ? oem ? coilovers ? lowered this will alter the stress sent to the wheels/tyres

i'm not sure about smaller wheels (not much experience on this) but would smaller wheels mean bigger tyres so more flex/give on the side walls ? kev will probably know

Smaller wheels means lighter. It's worth the extra tyre wall flex, (minmal), for the weight saving. Also if you go slicks there is only limited sizes available and 17's are much easier to get hold of.

He's going to be running KW variant 3.

Smaller wheels means lighter wheels as well as lighter tyres! :teeth:

Wheel offsets as i have heard can also effect the wheel weight.

Small difference but it all adds up..

the main problem with the car will probably be the driver - jay :lol::lol::thumbs:

Yep thats the suspension kit, limiter and I are going to be putting in our orders with Big phil for these suspension, Right I have decided on the wheels:

Drum roll :teeth:

7d5d445462bd8dedacc7bcbfbde0829d.jpg

They are the Rota drift will look fab on my kuro Z, 9 x 18 all round.

What do you guys think?

Also tyres now, someone suggested 275 x 35 rear

and 255 x 35 fronts,

Yay or nay and what make tyres should I get? :blush:

Okay here is what my car is looking like this summer, same kit and wheels as when i bought my car I set out to have it as close as possible to this :thumbs:

+++such an idiot wrong pic from photobucket put mums car instead+++

I like not sure what you guys think :blush:

Now here I have narrowed 3 choices down for my winter track wheels, please choose which one you guys like.. Yes im useless and so indicisive:

White

4.jpg

Gold

2-2.jpg

Black

3-2.jpg

Don't go white!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :yuck:

s'posed to pick the one you like - not the ones you dont :blush::yahoo::surrender:

Easier to pick the one I don't like :p

Gold or black will look good bu not the white imo :)

:p S A R N IE - seriously awkward ( dog tired now boss, finish the rest later) RNIE

:teeth: