nitrous install

Ryanlegend22

Hi there guys first post

Had my 350z about a month now and it needs a little more go so been looking at nitrous kits I've looked up a few theads on here but there all a bit old

So all I wanna know is where I can get a kit installed I'm in Southampton willing to travel a bit but not miles also any advice would be helpful

Cheers

:welcome: Along

Only guys running NOS on here are Selah83 in my old Zed and NeilP (if he still has it in)

Wasso had an install a while ago can't think of anyone else at the moment.

First question is how are you going to map it?

After that Wizards Of NOS can supply everything you need and either Mark at Abbey or Jez at Horsham can both install and map it, I installed my own and had it mapped by AME on a Haltech ECU

any questions fire away (pun intended ;) )

If you're going fora 50 shot, the cost to hit 75 is about £7 more.

I had the Wizards same as Keyser and it's good quality gear with simple UK resource for parts and information. Might be a little more pricey but it's good gear.

If you head to the Dyno thread page you'll see my dyno printouts as I progressed with 25, 50 and 75.

50 was okay but the 75 made the noticeable difference.

Don't do it, you're going to ruin the engine. Enjoy your car as it is, if budget is a constraint improve the suspension, tyres and breathing, if not get a supercharger with supporting mods, eg oil cooler, bigger injectors, bigger fuel pump, bigger sump etc.

Just my 2p :)

Good luck whichever way you choose to go with it :)

I wouldn't use it often only when I need it was that 306bhp at the wheels? I would charge it but currently trying to buy a house and don't have a spare 5000 pound laying around at the moment

As I said above, why not get some ARBs, coilovers, better tyres, SS brake lines, better pads, Motul RBF660, this way improving the handling a lot. This will give you better feedback and you'll feel more connected with the car. When you saved up and bought your house, then you can do some serious but safe modding :)

Of course, your car, your funds, your decision :)

Cost me around 4-5k to get my nitrous working and it's still not perfect. Wish I had turbo'd or charged! Expect the engine to blow up at some point also, it's not if it dies, it's when it dies.

I would recommend doing some serious studying on this before starting to think about buying it.

Also Adrian flux done me a spanker of a deal to have nitrous installed. Only able to be used off road on track though. Bottles shut and turned off on public roads.

Expect massive tuning bills and potentially a bill for a standalone ecu

You can run with UpRev, but it's not AS good as standalone ecu.

Mine cost me around 2.5k for the gear and another 1.5k for install and tune. But mine was a all singing system with 2 bottle covertly stowed behind the passenger seat (in glove box).

Do not and I repeat, do not just install the system with some sort of ECU management. Fueling and retarding the timing is critical.