Car ramp rental

z350convert

To those of us who like getting our hands dirty, has anyone tried any garages that rent out tools and car lift facilities. Sounds like a brilliant idea, so much better than grovelling around on your back in the rain dark and grot. Seems to costs about £20 per hour from what I can see. Nothing much round me (Surrey/Kent) but I've seen these....

Www.rampandwrench.co.uk. Coventry

Www.motorhoist.co.uk. West Midlands

Www.pitstartgarage.com. Acton

Smiths Auto Centre. Leeds

Www.uspanner.co.uk. Southend on Sea

Vehicle Ramp Hire. Birmingham

Www.ituned.co.uk. Walton

Got told by 2 members that ramp and wrench in Coventry no longer renting out ramps.

Drove past it yesterday and they had taped that section off on their advertising banner.

Yeah this is true, it used to be ramp rental and was even featured on 5th gear but (so I've heard) the guy who ran it previously was a knob and ended up with lots of unhappy customers. New bloke bought it but couldn't get decent insurance to keep it as a ramp rental so now they are just a normal garage/mot station that does bikes and cars... Guy who runs it now is great though :thumbs:

Got told by 2 members that ramp and wrench in Coventry no longer renting out ramps.

Drove past it yesterday and they had taped that section off on their advertising banner.

Yeah this is true, it used to be ramp rental and was even featured on 5th gear but (so I've heard) the guy who ran it previously was a knob and ended up with lots of unhappy customers. New bloke bought it but couldn't get decent insurance to keep it as a ramp rental so now they are just a normal garage/mot station that does bikes and cars... Guy who runs it now is great though :thumbs:

Oh didn't realise it's got new owner now. I've been there couple of times (about 3 years ago) and thought owner was ok. Something changed then lol

Oh didn't realise it's got new owner now. I've been there couple of times (about 3 years ago) and thought owner was ok. Something changed then lol

Apparently he was taking money to do small jobs for people like changing brakes and then not doing them! The new owner got a lot of grief from previous customers coming back with serious issues from dodgy workmanship

Apparently he was taking money to do small jobs for people like changing brakes and then not doing them! The new owner got a lot of grief from previous customers coming back with serious issues from dodgy workmanship

oh dear....not good! Glad i did everything myself there then :lol:

• 7 months later...

I like the idea and I can see a lot of people have done it, but I'd dislike having to go elsewhere to do work on my car. More than that I think about if something doesn't go to plan and I wind up not being able to take it off the ramp that day. At home I can leave it on axle stands and go to bed without it costing me more money :lol: