Fault code reader

lmc

Any recommendations for a hard wired reader?

Need one to use on several vehicles don't want to spend a fortune but equally don't want a cheap one that doesn't work.

Looked through recent threads but all seem to be for wifi readers.

Looking at this one any thoughts?

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item419aa06731

Guess ill just order one of these then.

:console:

Probably be fine.

I have JDM so didn't comment, but as you've had no response - I have an OBDMATE OM500 JOBD which is a cable handheld gadget and works fine for my JDM (Note: OM500/JOBD won't work with UK BTW). Most cabled OBD II handhelds do what they say on the tin for accessing DTCs (I believe) :thumbs:

Disclaimer: Don't blame me if it is rubbish after all

;)

I purchased the Autel maxidas DS705 pro scanner last year for my garage. It seems to do all the Snap on more expensive unit does. Again it all depends on exactly what you need to do with a quality scanner. I think it caos about £800 at the time. No issues with it so far.

I purchased the Autel maxidas DS705 pro scanner last year for my garage. It seems to do all the Snap on more expensive unit does. Again it all depends on exactly what you need to do with a quality scanner. I think it caos about £800 at the time. No issues with it so far.

Is autel a reasonable brand then?

I reckon Autel is one of the best out there at the moment for the price range and what they do out of the box. There are loads of cheap hand helds that will tell you a code for about a tenner. Mine does so much morer. There is too much to even start trying to write down here. Good luck in the minefield of diagnostics......

can you guys find the amazon ones again? looks like i'll have to live with a reoccurring fault light for a bit as an air sensor is on it's way out, but there are more critical bits to fix first.

i'd hate to ignore a check light thinking it was a known problem only to find out it was a new fault. so all i need is the ability to see the code then reset the light if it's the code i'm expecting.