Whats in a P1, P2, P3??

docwra

Hi all :)

I recently bought an Import 350 which has now done 80,000 kms (about 50K miles). Its last service was at 40K miles so its due another, but as an import Ive got no history prior to this.

I imagine it should be on a P3 now, but Im fcukered if Im taking it to the local stealership (the same one that told me Nissan didnt make a 200SX when I had turned up in one, and then tried to charge me £320 for an aircon regas) so Im looking at taking it to one of my local trusted folk instead :)

Q is, whats involved in a P1, P2, P3 service?? The last one was oil, oil filter, air filter (P1 I guess) so whats in a P2 or a P3?? None of my local garages can tell me so I thought Id ask at the font of all Zed knowlege ;)

Hi mate the difference is the time they pretend to look at it:

P1 - 1.4 hours

P2 - 1.6 hours

P3 - 2.0 hours

They dont do anything, they just stare at it, and the longer they stare the more you get charged.. Hope this helps ;)

c'mon mate to be fair they do wash it with a sponge they have been playing football with and then test drive it to the chippy at dinner time :thumbs:

And some more here mate, service, owners manuals etc

http://www.350z-tech.com/zwiki/Service

Thanks, but they dont seem to list whats involved in the actual service - if a P3 is just filters and fluids then thats cool, but how does it differ from P1 and P2??

I need to know what to tell my mechanic to do in order that the car has a service as Nissan intended, so Im really looking for a list "do this, do that" style :)

Interesting that there is so little time difference between each though - maybe they do just spend longer looking at the car?? :wacko::D