Ballpark figures for Supercharged 350z insurance

mylo

So my deposit has been paid on Sam's supercharged Z :) ( http://www.350z-uk.c...well-known-car/ ) and I'm looking into quotes

A few details, I'm 30 with 6 years NCB, residentially parked in a pretty decent area, only quoting on 6k miles a year, social only no commuting.

The previous owners insurance was more in the £500 area so I was hoping for close to that, any opinions appreciated not sure what I should be expecting, I am still waiting on a quote from Higos (formerly Livingstone Warman) who insure it currently.

Edited by mylo

Thanks for the info guys, will source some more quotes and see if I can get it lower then, guess I'm just surprised it's so much more expensive than a GTR when that's worth a lot more and significantly quicker :wacko:

If you have had experience of driving similar bhp cars, please feel free to try our scheme :)

I'm a named driver on a BMW 330ci, though it's not as powerful as this it's RWD and no slouch. Also driven a GTR, i8 and MP4-C12 on experience days, not sure if that counts? :)

Will see what the other quotes come back as but may give you a go if you feel there's a chance of getting it lower.

Edited by mylo

Hi mate,

That does seem a tad high, although obviously post codes, my no claims, clean licence and the fact I garage it will make difference. I think what your being told about experience with powerful RWD will make a difference come renewal time. I know I get asked what my experience is, but I've had powerful rwd for about 15 years or so.

Get a year under your belt and it should drop significantly. :)

Have you tried all that I suggested?

Also , if you haven't tried already, try putting your missus on as a named driver. ;)