Paint Protection Film

Dicky

only wish it was cheaper

+1 ........ £400 seems a lot for self adhesive plastic film :blush:

Costs a lot more than that for a full front end coverage.. :blush:

how much more ?? :headhurt:

A lot.. :headhurt::surrender:

Nah not for me , I dont see the point of keeping a cars paintwork nice for the next owners benefit ;)

only wish it was cheaper

Nah not for me , I dont see the point of keeping a cars paintwork nice for the next owners benefit ;)

you can get three front end resprays for the cost of the film anyway tim ;)

only wish it was cheaper

or a nice watch :lol:

only wish it was cheaper

But then the paint doesn't match. Especially if you have special yellow paint with Ziryllic or whatever it's called. Been there done that on more than one car.

only wish it was cheaper

Isn't it more like £700-£800? I would like my car to have it but would only get it done either from new or after a respray, and would only bother getting a respray if I was gonna get paintshield straight after. Which means in my eyes a respray is gonna cost £1000+ for the respray and paintshield. I'd rather just knock a bit off the sale price when I sell up. :blush:

only wish it was cheaper

Isn't it more like £700-£800? I would like my car to have it but would only get it done either from new or after a respray, and would only bother getting a respray if I was gonna get paintshield straight after. Which means in my eyes a respray is gonna cost £1000+ for the respray and paintshield. I'd rather just knock a bit off the sale price when I sell up. :blush:

I agree no point in painyshielding a car unless it's from new. The thing is once you have done it, the car stays perfect throughout your ownership.

I've had a full frontal coverage done on the Exige as I new what would happen on such a low car.

only wish it was cheaper

I agree.

That must be a first :lol:

I would of had it done if I had had it from new too. My paint is miles more durable than the zeds though and IIRC there are only a couple of teeny weeny marks in the paint :)

Often wondered about this, but I think you guys have hit the mark, unless it is brand new it is pointless. The fact the place is miles away too, means I'd undoubtedly get a chip enroute had I bought a new car :dry:

I wrapped mine in bubble wrap for the journey home and over to Paintshield at Grantham. Felt a prat but it was worth it.

only wish it was cheaper

I agree.

That must be a first :lol:

I would of had it done if I had had it from new too. My paint is miles more durable than the zeds though and IIRC there are only a couple of teeny weeny marks in the paint :)

That's cuz I only agree with you when you are right... :thumbs:

Your not driving the Lambo fast enough then. All cars are now water based paint, akthough granted some paint quality is better than others. Nissan is pretty poor TBH.

The Arancio borealis is three layer paint so I think its a tad thicker that the anorexic zed paint. Maybe only 30-40 microns but it all helps :thumbs:

Thickness won't necessarily affect hardness though. The water based paints are inerrently soft. What it may improve is adhesion, so each chip maybe smaller.

After market 2 pack Isocyanates will always be harder than any manufacturers crap water based, even Lambo.

The Arancio borealis is three layer paint so I think its a tad thicker that the anorexic zed paint. Maybe only 30-40 microns but it all helps :thumbs:

Thickness won't necessarily affect hardness though. The water based paints are inerrently soft. What it may improve is adhesion, so each chip maybe smaller.

After market 2 pack Isocyanates will always be harder than any manufacturers crap water based, even Lambo.

Whatever it is it works as I don't have a single stone chip and the car is four years old in March :thumbs:

Often wondered about this, but I think you guys have hit the mark, unless it is brand new it is pointless. The fact the place is miles away too, means I'd undoubtedly get a chip enroute had I bought a new car :dry:

I wrapped mine in bubble wrap for the journey home and over to Paintshield at Grantham. Felt a prat but it was worth it.

:lol: The worlds first Lotus Bubble Car.

Good idea though :thumbs:

So---It’s not worth the cost. I’ve been quoted £276 for a bumper respray from my local stealer, so assuming the color match is ok that’s the way to go.

Ive been thinking of getting a new Z and would poss consider having it done only because the bumper chips up quite quickly (even when keeping long gaps to the car in front). You get a bit disheartened when polishing the car over the yrs of ownership and cringing when you see the mess the bumper gets in.

Spent ~£300 on a bumper and mirrors kit in 2005 for my MY04 and to honest it was great, especially as I did/still do loads of motorway miles.

Equivalent price for my MY07 was over £400 and apparently QC issues with the reseller/fitter networks means you've got to drive to Grantham :scare: so I've not had it done. Can wait for the paintshop to have a crack at the TO in about 18 months time :scare:

If it was a bit cheaper and the reseller network was more local I'd have no hestitation. Auto Asylum in Maidenhead did mine in 2005 and it was :thumbs: