Sticking throttle ?? Mine appears to be anyway...

Nigelp

This happened to me after not driving my car in the summer for a couple of weeks when was on holiday. Was really annoying as the drive became quite a jerky one. I put in a can of redex (but stronger) type liquid in my tank when running a quarter tank of petrol and did a ferocious bit of motorway driving which seems to iron this little issue up for me. Don't know how or why but it worked! :thumbs::lol: Never had a problem since.

Mine has developed this problem,when I dip the clutch going slow the revs pick up then and hold for a couple of seconds then drop.

Looks like the stealers are going to be paid a visit.

I have that problem also ... I was under the impression that the two were related ...

It's like I'm reving the engine slightly everytime I dip the clutch ...

Mine has developed this problem,when I dip the clutch going slow the revs pick up then and hold for a couple of seconds then drop.

Looks like the stealers are going to be paid a visit.

I have that problem also ... I was under the impression that the two were related ...

It's like I'm reving the engine slightly everytime I dip the clutch ...

A 350z with sychro rev!! :lol:

You manage to get this sorted yet?

This happened to me after not driving my car in the summer for a couple of weeks when was on holiday. Was really annoying as the drive became quite a jerky one. I put in a can of redex (but stronger) type liquid in my tank when running a quarter tank of petrol and did a ferocious bit of motorway driving which seems to iron this little issue up for me. Don't know how or why but it worked! :thumbs::lol: Never had a problem since.

Have you tried this alongside with removing the TB and cleaning the butterfly valve? Could be an easy fix?

Right i have been to the stealers this afternoon and have advised me that it looks like carbon build up is the cause.They have given me a bottle of fuel system cleaner to put in my tank and run for about a week to see if this clears the problem.Failing that it needs to go back in the have the throttle body stipped and cleaned and other parts on the intake side.

:thumbs: to Cragus who mentioned this route earlier in the thread hope it works.

That's good news ... Doesn't sound like an expensive fix then ...

What Fuel System cleaner did they give you ... Is it a Nissan branded one?

Can anyone recommend a good cleaner ... I've used RedEx in the past but there must be something better out there ...

Let me know how you get one after using the Fuel System Cleaner ...

I'm going to call my local stealer tomorrow to see if they have any in stock ... failing that I've looked on the internet for stockists and the closet one is 11 miles away ...

It would be great if it resolves the issue but i suppose it's worth doing anyway ..

:thumbs:

Right i have been to the stealers this afternoon and have advised me that it looks like carbon build up is the cause.They have given me a bottle of fuel system cleaner to put in my tank and run for about a week to see if this clears the problem.Failing that it needs to go back in the have the throttle body stipped and cleaned and other parts on the intake side.

:thumbs: to Cragus who mentioned this route earlier in the thread hope it works.

I don't like to boast! ;):lol:

Get something a bit stronger than redex! Put it in when your running low and horse it...!