Sticking throttle ?? Mine appears to be anyway...

Nigelp

• 3 months later...

Holy Thread Revival!

I kinda forget about the issue with the sticky throttle ... I guess I just got used to it being there ...

But over the last few days I've noticed that the gear changes have been a lot smoother and then I noticed that I longer have the sticky throttle problem ...

I haven't changed anything other than the fuel pressure regulator last weekend .. I'm not sure if that fixed the problem or not but it's deifnitely not there anymore ...

Here's the video I took on the 24th February 2010:

and here's a video I took earlier today:

The Rev counter is clearly more smoother when the revs are dropping back to idle ..

Weird huh? Either way I'm not complaining ...

:thumbs:

• 2 years later...

Holy Thread Revival!

I kinda forget about the issue with the sticky throttle ... I guess I just got used to it being there ...

But over the last few days I've noticed that the gear changes have been a lot smoother and then I noticed that I longer have the sticky throttle problem ...

I haven't changed anything other than the fuel pressure regulator last weekend .. I'm not sure if that fixed the problem or not but it's deifnitely not there anymore ...

Holy thread revival again! :) Narcotix could ya tell me whether it was the fuel pressure regulator or one of the fuel dampers that you changed? If it was a damper then was it one of the ones on the fuel rails or the one on the fuel feeder pipe on the drivers side? I'm experiencing exactly the same right now. Thanks!

Just a shot in the dark mate but have you tried the ECU re set followed by the throttle body re learn then accelerator pedal re learn position? It was the accelerator re learn that fixed my pedal response issues.

http://www.350z-uk.c...e__hl__throttle

Yep I've been through all of these procedures many times. I actually cleaned my throttle bodies as one attempt to fix it but this led to another problem which I've only just managed to fix, I posted another thread about it today. I might actually just change the two dampers on the fuel rails as they are only £20 each from Nissan. I've found at least a couple of people in the US who have had weird behaviour around 1500 RPM which was totally fixed by changing the dampers. Mine don't make any noise though, maybe there is more than one failure mode on these things.

Thanks a lot for the suggestion though! :)

• Like 1