Sticking throttle ?? Mine appears to be anyway...

Nigelp

Who told you every 6 months Neil?

Bottle is 350 ml.

only what i read on this page :thumbs:

quote from page:

It's important in order to maximise the benefits of these treatments and keep your fuel system clean, that you have your vehicle retreated every 6 months by your authorised dealer.

:scare::scare::scare::scare::scare::scare::scare:

this is a clean of the throttle body lads nothing else.... :thumbs: same things happens to mine sometimes and i just clean out the tb and thats it, takes about 15-20 min.... do you guys need a writeup on it? could do it during the week if you need to so you can spend monies on something more useful! :dry:

like mods... :#1:

this is a clean of the throttle body lads nothing else.... :thumbs: same things happens to mine sometimes and i just clean out the tb and thats it, takes about 15-20 min.... do you guys need a writeup on it? could do it during the week if you need to so you can spend monies on something more useful! :dry:

if you could mate that would be great!! :thumbs:

did this on the altezza yesterday... epic fail on my part of me for never doing that before... :thumbdown:

it was SO dirty! cleaned out the filter too... revs better and doesnt feel like a tractor when cold... :blush: better start looking after that poor yoke now :teeth:

I'll get on it Monday if its not pissing rain as normal.... :snack:

+1 Yes Please ... that would be a great help!

I added the Fuel system cleaner to a quarter tank on Saturday and ran the car to near empty over the weekend ...

I haven't noticed much of a difference from using it but I suppose it couldn't have done any harm ... the guy at Nissan said that they usually include it in every other service ...

I think the throttle body is going to need good clean ...

clarkie34, any updates on yours?

Ok here we go!

Tools needed:

Socket Wrench with number 8 and 10

bahco_socket_set.jpg

Allen Key nr 5

Lifeline-Allen-Keys-hi.jpg

Cleaner:

SNV35102.JPG

& Optional *I like it too

SNV35117.JPG

&

and old tshirt/rag etc to clean the trottle body with

It took me 5-10 minutes to take off the throttle body from my car and put it on the table. Expect total 30 min for this job I'd say.

Lets see where this baby is located in the engine bay!

1-SNV35084.JPG

My engine bay looks a bit different from normal ones since I got the Kinetix Velocity manifold... you will need to loosen 2 more nuts/bolts then I do (will cover this though)

First we need to loosen some screws that hold the intake tubing.

#Release the bolt that you will have fastened to the top of your plenum think it's nr 10 as shown in red rectangle below

2-SNV35084.JPG

Then hold it up a bit and release the below shown bolt, using the socket wrench with nr 8 socket.

3-SNV35084.JPG

Once release (not all the way...) you will go down to the following bolt shown below in red and release this one too, using socket nr 10.

4-SNV35084.JPG

you will need to release this lower bolt too, located on the middle of the tubing. Think it's a nr 10 socket there to (not sure since mine ain't connected no more :dance: ) See below for location

5-SNV35084.JPG

Now you will need to pull the top of the tubing off the TB housing, you will need to use some twisting/jerking moves here once off you do the same on the lower tubing connecting to the airbox once off you can twist the whole thing to the right hand side, mind so you don't twist it to much there is a hose connected to the bottom of the tubing. Now you can also see the TB internals, hopefully not to dirty... Mine wasn't since I cleaned it not long ago. You got two options here, spray the cleaner spray in the hole while you keep the TB open then leave the solution to do it's magic for 5-10 minutes then spray some more onto the cloth and rub at the top and bottom until clean, I would normally do this but since it started raining (again) I decided to take the whole throttle body off and do this inside instead :clap: for this you will need the Allen key nr 5 and take out the 4 bolts two on each side, see photos below for illustration on location. Once loose you need to disconnect the electric connector thingy.

SNV35093.JPG

SNV35104.JPG

SNV35106.JPG

SNV35107.JPG

SNV35111.JPG

I'm pretty happy when it looks like this :thumbs:

SNV35109.JPG

Don’t forget to clean here to if you take the TB off!

Now it's free! Find a suitable table to work on, if the miss isn’t home the kitchen table is a gold location :clap:

Clean until you're happy no more dirt comes off, refit in reverse order and do an ECU reset and possibly a throttle body position reset (never did the latter on mine)

:drunk:

I've just had a go at cleaning out my throttle body ... I was planning on removing it so that I could give it a really good clean but my allen keys weren't very good ..

I was still able to give it a thorough clean while still attached though so I'm pleased with the result ... I haven't been out for a drive yet but will let you know if there is any noticable difference compared to before ...

Anyway here are the before and after pics ...

Before:

post-4535-135011873269_thumb.jpg

The TB was very dirty and there was lots of black deposits ...

After:

post-4535-135011873243_thumb.jpg

Looking much healthier now.

I held the butterfly valve open and sprayed some cleaner through ... then used a cloth to wipe away all the black stuff ...

Thanks andlid for an excellent guide .. it really made it easy!

:thumbs:

I'll find out tomorrow as I don't really have any plans to go out today ...

clarkie34, It didn't need any force to open the butterfly valve ... It just requires a bit of pressure to open it ..

I think next time I'm going to remove it completely and give it an even better clean ... but for now that's done the trick!

I should have taken some pics of the cloth after I'd finished cleaning ... It was almost completely black by the end ..

Just done this myself this afternoon. Have cleaned the throttle on all my cars in the past but this was the worst. Took multiple sprays and three whole paper towels to remove the layer of black sludge.

Only went out for a quick test after but hot idle seems to have gone from about 675 to 800 rpm, so it's definitely breathing easier on a light throttle.

Butterfly feels lighter sprung than one worked by cable but remember you're turning the motor when you move it. Just be slow and smooth opening/closing it and you can't wrong.