Rally car almost hits crowd, ...super Dad fast reactions too :)

GMballistic

Was reading this "news" article about a rally car that almost hits a crowd of people.

The thing though that got my interest was "Super Dad" pulling his son the opposite way to the direction everyone else ran & tbh probably saved him from getting splattered. :yahoo::clap:

This mobile phone-captured movie shows the moment a rally driver come perilously close to ploughing into a crowd of spectators.

As the driver approaches a corner, he runs far too wide and begins sliding out of control towards the crowd full of families.

The slow-motion footage shows the incredible reactions of the crowd, who disperse just in time to avoid the out of control rally car.

The driver attempts to control the car, but the wet grass makes it almost impossible to stop the speeding car.

Luckily, the car misses the spectators, with one father dragging his son out of the path moments before it flies past.

As it slows, the driver is able to regain control and drives between two men, with another tumbling to the ground.

Incredibly, no one was hurt, but it does highlight the dangers involved with rally events for both drivers and spectators.

:thumbs:

Why do people insist on standing on the outside of corners?

Very lucky and feel rather bad for the driver........ he must have been sh***ing himself!!! I mean, if he had of hit people, how bad must the driver/co-driver feel.

It always amazes me (not in a good way) where people choose to stand & watch rally events. :dry:

• Like 1