Help

Jacr877

It's a weight, there for some reason though I can't remember what. Most people remove them to allow the boot to open more easily. I went to remove mine but found I didn't have one as I had a factory fitted nismo spoiler.

Edited by SHEZZA

Up until recently I thought it was just a weight, but I'm sure I read a post on a corresponding roadster part where Zmanalex dug out some info on how it dampens vibrations. I whipped mine out to try and deal with crap boot pop and insufficiently stiff boot struts.

Think your on the money there stu it was added during development for some reason and that sounds as good as any. Guess mine having the spoiler never had one added as there's no sign that one has ever been fitted as the fixing points haven't got a mark on them.

Up until recently I thought it was just a weight, but I'm sure I read a post on a corresponding roadster part where Zmanalex dug out some info on how it dampens vibrations. I whipped mine out to try and deal with crap boot pop and insufficiently stiff boot struts.

Pretty sure your thinking of the other one which is a solid metal bloc thats suspended from two brackets that wobbles etc. Located by the spare wheel.

The one in the photo above seems to be just a boot counter weight. Mine has been removed resulting in a lighter boot to open etc.

Edited by Chris Wiltshire

Pretty sure your thinking of the other one which is a solid metal bloc thats suspended from two brackets that wobbles etc. Located by the spare wheel.

The one in the photo above seems to be just a boot counter weight. Mine has been removed resulting in a lighter boot to open etc.

I thought the wobbly one was for roadsters and the boot one for coupes. My coupe doesn't have a wobbler. I could easily be mistaken though.

A weight to help user when shutting the boot to overcome boot struts force. But if your boot struts and poppers are weak, the weight will cause an issue when you try to open your boot. I removed mine last year and added washers to my poppers! Removal added 10bhp more and addition of washers reduced 5bhp hence overall, 5bhp gained :thumbs: B: