Best tyre sizes for rota grid drifts.....

nowhereboy

I'm running grids, 9.5 up front and 10 on the rear in an 18. Someone kindly punctured my front tyres last night so I might aswell change all four now, the rears are getting low on tread anyway.

The car is lowered on tein springs and my current set up is running a stretch. I'm not a fan of this look and want a tyre that sits nice and flush with the rim. At the same time if I can cover some of the arch gap slightly that would be a bonus.

Am I right in thinking something like 245/45 and 265/45 would be suitable? Or should I get wider tyres?

Any help appreciated as always.

It will, it would also make the ride more comfortable at the expense of immediacy from turn in.

Ah that make sense. Next choice is what tyres to go with, I don't want to spend much more than £100 a corner if possible. Would love mpss but I can't afford them at such short notice.

I completely agree, it's not about being tight tho, it's about genuinely not having the money available :lol:

Had to get work done on the civic this month along with a host of other things so pulling out £600 for tyres isn't an option. My mrs is going mental because I'm supposed to be saving for a house deposit and the Z keeps getting in the way.

Ah the joys of domesticated life.

It will, it would also make the ride more comfortable at the expense of immediacy from turn in.

Ah that make sense. Next choice is what tyres to go with, I don't want to spend much more than £100 a corner if possible. Would love mpss but I can't afford them at such short notice.

Hankooks get my vote for cheap yet decent. something like the ventus V12, worked well on the front of my zed.

Not sure the VDC/ABS will cope and it will look hilarious

Should be fine, you've not altered the aspect of the ratio F to R by changing to 245/45 and 265/45 as opposed to 225/45 and 245/45 as stock.

I don't think the OEM 245/45 look particularly bulbous, but each to their own on that one. :)

Found these on tyre leader...http://www.tyreleader.co.uk/car-tyres/goodyear/eagle-f1-asymmetric-2/265-40-r18-101y-306515

Read good reviews on here about them but they seem really cheap? The 245s are more expensive then the 265s which seems a bit odd.

Will these be ok for the z?