Intermittent Limp Mode fault with Slip Light.

nixy

I THINK I've posted this fault previously but it's so intermittent I kind of hoped it wasn't going to do it again. A search on here has revealed similar from other members and I wondered if there was a definitive answer?

The fault has occurred twice coming off a roundabout (weirdly the same roundabout) and twice pulling out of junctions. The latest time was saturday pulling out of a B&Q and about to cross a busy road turning right and it felt like the car had suddenly stalled. In fact it was still running. Lights on the dashboard were Engine managment light, SLIP and another which I think was traction control or ABS. The car was in LIMP mode and I barely managed to get across the road and pull over and put my hazzards on. I then switched the ignition off, switched it on again and it was fine and has been since. This has happened four times now and makes me very nervous! On doing a bit of internet digging I've found this but I'm no mechanic so wondered what opinions here were?

http://www.aftermark...ermittent-Fault

Get yourself an OBD reader to get the engine fault code. Once you have the code, you will be able to diagnose your problem better. It happened to me 2 months ago, the fault code was related to throttle body (TB) position. I did the pedal dance to reset the ECU, reset TB position and perform a learn. It has solve my issue.

Other possibility was camshaft position sensor. I believe this is easy and cheap to fix.

Alternatively, check if any fellow member near you with an OBD reader can help. I'm in Huddersfield, I can borrow my mates OBD reader and help to read your fault code if you are near. PM me if needed to. I'm assuming your Zed is not JDM?

Edited by veeg33