Which wheels

DANNY

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well im after th kinda rim zedrush shows at the start of the thread. i want some wide depp dish rims.

will there be and major noticable differences, im not after taking it on the track just for genral driving.

if needs be ill just get some 18's as wide as i can find then roll the arches and lower her a little so the arches are filled :)

D

Danny, weight is the biggest issue here and when you are looking going to 19" and wider its easy to see how it can become a problem. Cheap wheels will often be heavy as a result of the materials used to manufacture them. If you're prepared to spend towards the £2k mark there are plenty of forged wheels (as opposed to cast wheels) which will be far lighter, some being lighter in a 19" than the OEM non-Rays wheels were in 18". It isn't quite as simple as forged v cast as my Enkei's are cast yet very light due to the manufacturing process that Enkei use, but as a basic rule forged wheels are the lightest (and most expensive). The most popular forged wheels are Volk by Rays but there are others.

Notwithstanding what I've said above, there has been plenty of debate as to whether the extra cost of a forged wheel is worth the extra expense to the average Zed driver. Plenty on here have gone for good value, cast wheels in a 19" without reporting any handling issues or having any complaints whatsoever.

If you are tracking the car, I'd say stick with 18" for weight saving. At the other end of the spectrum some of those who have gone 20" with cast wheels have said there was a negative effect on road driving with all the weight.

What you do is down to your own priorities and what you want to do aesthetically.

HTH :)

iv looked into the nizmo wheels and i like them but i fancy some deeper dished rims bec the zed is wide i just think some deep dish rims would look really good on it. but i still do like the nizmo ones...

cheers for your help digsy i think im goin to get some 19's but im goin to look into spendin a bit more like you say and get some decent ones.

And as for you zedrush your very bad news for my wallet bec you keep on tempting me with these wheels and i just dont dare look at the price. they r exactly what i want aswell

D

iv looked into the nizmo wheels and i like them but i fancy some deeper dished rims bec the zed is wide i just think some deep dish rims would look really good on it. but i still do like the nizmo ones...

cheers for your help digsy i think im goin to get some 19's but im goin to look into spendin a bit more like you say and get some decent ones.

And as for you zedrush your very bad news for my wallet bec you keep on tempting me with these wheels and i just dont dare look at the price. they r exactly what i want aswell

D

Well I paid including delivery as i still have the invoice and tax, £1400 B):thumbs: And the dish is HUGE :teeth:

D

Well I paid including delivery as i still have the invoice and tax, £1400 B):thumbs: And the dish is HUGE :teeth:

At that price they are superb, quality wheels. Just don't expect to run them through the winter months....

now uv done it.. im gunna hav to start saving.. what size do they come in? have you noticed any ride change?

Jay's offsets are very aggressive i.e. they sit almost out of the arches. Its all a matter of personal taste but perceived wisdom is that 19x9.5 front and 19x10.5 rears with a +22 offset are ideal for the Zed.

Digsy's 100% right if i lowered it id have no wheels left lol, Id have as Adam says roll my rear arches. Must admit these wheels makes the car look absolutely stunning and aggressive and pretty in one. The 30 profile makes the wheels look more aggressive, just be careful how you clean them and dont do what I did :headhurt:

what did you do then? i think i might get a set of these for summer. have you got any pics of them on your car??

D

Hi mate yeh Ill pm ya :thumbs: They are anodised finished and I cleaned them with a product similar to auto sol :headhurt::headhurt::headhurt:

It left a stain mark on the lips, which leaves me to choices. Either do what James did tyo his and keep cleaning them like mad to get the stain out, or be lazy like me and get them sent to wheel refurbishers who do split rim and get them to do a shineier finished with laquer protection for all four wheels £200 all in :thumbs:

When you get these wheels you can have on all year round, you just make sure that when cleaning them just use car soap and water and thats it and once a month get some wax and wax the lips and they will always be gleaming :thumbs:

My error was when going to halfords I asked for wax and they gave me Meguires NXT wheel polish. That was a big no no lol. Lesson learnt :thumbs:

My error was when going to halfords I asked for wax and they gave me Meguires NXT wheel polish. That was a big no no lol. Lesson learnt :thumbs:

No, your error was going to Halfrauds in the first place, should have known they dont know anything! ;)

No, your error was going to Halfrauds in the first place, should have known they dont know anything! ;)

Yeh hold my hands up to that, but when I dont know anything myself Im very easily led up the garden path :lol:

thats what i was goin to ask next lol i was told about gettin a laquer coat sprayed on the lip of the ones i had and i didnt know if it was worth doin.

id prob take them off for winter just to be safe bec like i did in my evo when i left the good rims on bec i thought it was ok for winter i went round a corner and lost back end on ice and smashed my rim on the curn :rant: that happened more than once too so now ill take the good ones off for winter.

now uv done it.. im gunna hav to start saving.. what size do they come in? have you noticed any ride change?

Jay's offsets are very aggressive i.e. they sit almost out of the arches. Its all a matter of personal taste but perceived wisdom is that 19x9.5 front and 19x10.5 rears with a +22 offset are ideal for the Zed.

Danny, my Volks were +22, here's a pic just so you can see how far they 'stick' out:

RIMS008.jpg

HTH :thumbs: