Airplane noise

SiriusProjects

Still trying to get to the bottom of an issue with my zed and today when I took the car out I heard what can only be described as an jet airplane sound. There weren't any in the sky before anyone asks. There does seem to be an increase in vibration as well when driving the car. Could the noise and vibration be a bearing going or something?

Have you checked your landing gear and done the pre take off check ?. Also check the steps have been stowed correctly.

You also might want to check you haven't got yourself a twin turbo, supercharged z.

• Like 2

My guess would be your radiator fans have been replaced with the Mishimoto fan shroud, its a common mod. Had mine done a while ago and they they make a lot of noise compared to OEM. I can't hear them over the after market exhaust and sound system though ;), so I only hear them when I'm stopped.

Edited by Randy_Baton

Hi Guys,

Well as strange as this might sound, I've finally got a noticeable issue with my car which I'm happy about.

Came home from a drive earlier and parked up, went out about 10 minutes later and started the car up and while idling, the revs dropped and the engine juddered as if it was going to cut out, but then it caught again and was fine. This happened a couple of times. I went out again about 15 minutes later to give it another try and it did exactly the same thing. Spoke to my mechanic who said it could be a coil pack, but he thought this would throw up the CEL and generate an error code. If it's not that then he is thinking it's a fuelling issue relating to a problem with the fuel pump.

What do you think?

Interesting as mine has the same problem had it checked about 4 months ago by Nissan and they said that there was no problem but advised me to change the plugs done this and problem still there although when I turn the aircon on the problem goes no juddering at all and idle stabilises had no noticeable drop in power and recently had it dynoed to make sure. all fine (315hp at fly) think it may have been previously mapped tho. All I can advise is try with aircon on see if problem goes although not a fix certainly makes you feel at ease when sitting at the lights.