Pioneer head unit GPS problem

PAWL3Y

I have recently moved my Pioneer Avic-f930bt from my old car to the 350z. Unfortunately in the process the connector for the GPS module got stuck in the back of the head unit. In a frustrated attempt to remove it, the connector and housing have torn off the motherboard - fantastic news!

What are my options from here? I was hoping I could simply strip the wire from the GPS module and solder that to the motherboard, would anyone know if that's even likely to work? Far from an expert with this so sorry in advance for any stupid questions :)

19999873466_12df577987_c.jpg

19839477109_9b1fa71a04_c.jpg

Back of head unit for comparison, GPS connector is middle right of this picture.

Stripped the GPS wire and tried placing it on the motherboard to get a connection but couldn't get a consistent signal, decided against risking soldering it so have just gone without for now. Have contacted a nearby Pioneer repair centre to see if they could offer anything, although it'll probably cost more than it's worth.

As for now i'll just have to learn how to use one of these mystical devices...

mapreading.png

You could always try B&B Audio Concepts just off Penarth Road to see what they can do for you.

Link: http://www.audioconcepts.co.uk/

They've done a couple of high end installs for me and also helped with a few issues. Once I had a problem with one of my head units and they sent it off to a professional Pioneer repairer for £25-£35 odd I think it was.

Turned out to be un-repairable but still that wasn't their fault. :lol::thumbs: