If it wasn't true even I would not believe it!!

Emperor Ming

I was talking to a council colleague today and he told me the following story. I have no reason to disbelieve any part of it and there was someone else there who confirmed it.

Each council area has a set amount of houses and obviously some are better than others. Of those houses suitable for allocation some are in better condition than others. Of the good ones the persons responsible for allocation have favourites. As they put it 'the one I would like to move into'.

It was to one of these 'favourites' that a couple were shown too the other day .

The house in question is a small coal fire semi with one of the best views in town overlooking green fields and a large reservoir. I would give my eye teeth for the view.

This is how it went.

the couple turn up and are met by said council official and shown into the premises.

Straight away the male points to the windows.

"What this?"

It is explained that they are wooden framed windows and are in good condition and will eventually be replaced with UPVC

"not good. Not good"

They go into the kitchen.

"What this. What This" says the male pointing at the solid fuel central heating. it is explained to him.

"You mean each day I get hand dirty making fire?? Not good"

The visit goes on with complaints about several other parts of the house.

said male then turns down the house!!!

The council are now duty bound to offer them two more houses.

The 'joke' is that they are Russian immigrants that have been in the country TWO BLEEDIN WEEKS. They presented themselves as 'homeless' and jumped to the top of a 800 strong queue!!!!!!! :scare:

All i can say is that if it was me the next house offered would have tinned up windows and a burnt out car in the garden. the one after that would be even worse!!

Ming the REALLY REALLY mad!!

:surrender:

last one to leave the country switch the lights off...

waste of time discussing this, the whole system is bolloxed, all the power is in the wrong hands..who votes these assoles in, who make these crazy decisions ?...

or is it a warped plot to see how far the government can push the normal citizens before we revolt and there's blood running down the streets ??

There are many Polish now living in Wrexham and you will not believe the accommodation they are given when they arrive. :angry::angry:

They wire most of there wages back home and stay here a maximum of 5 years :rant:

Oh and Tesco's........Not any more its now Teskies :rant::angry:

Must be a hell of a problem with the language Mike,

I had :lol::surrender:

I deal with complaints about councils and one of the things that really makes me fume is when a complaint lands on my desk (like this week) from someone whinging that somebody up the road has got a new front door that looks better than theirs does - its not fair we want one!!! whinge whinge. I just wish I could write back and say get down to B&Q with your wallet like I have to!

Ming if it was me, i wouldnt even waste our taxpayers money in housing people that are of no benefit to the country.

I had a long chat with Sarah's grandad on the weekend and its a state. So much so i cant be bothered even talking about it anymore. It just upsets me

We should do it like the Ozzies. If the immigrants have nothing to offer us, they can go home. End of :teeth:

If you were truely homeless a tent and a sleeping bag would be a luxury! They shouldnt be allowed a choice, if they turn down the first offer, they should be off the list (which they shouldnt be on in the first place) :rant: