370 Wheel Nut

d95gas

Guys,

Recently got some 370 OEM Rims, and needed to get the 370 Wheel nuts to go with them. Manage to source some, but wondering if anyone can confirm that the below, is the same shape as the 370 oem wheelnuts.

I believe the cone is different on the 370, so important I get the right one's......

370%20Nut.jpg

Cheers Guys,

Yep its been confirmed by the supplier that they have sent me the wrong ones, however they now need some measurements off the orginal which I dont have. They requre to know the diameter of the stub that goes through the wheel, and the length down to the collar.

They are under the impression they are 1.5 pitch, but everything I look at says 1.25

Is the supplier providing you with OEM wheel nuts with the built in washer thingy?

If not I'd spend some time reading the forums in the U.S. I'm not an expert and I'm just regurgitating what I've read elsewhere but the impression I got was that using anything but the OEM ones is asking for trouble - ie potentially very dangerous.

Yep they have admitted they have sent out the wrong nuts and are going to provide the ones with this washer bit on it and looks totally different to a standard wheel nut. I spent hours on the american forums, probably reading the same material, and the emphasis is on getting the correct one's or watch your wheels come falling off !!!!!

I've got some spare oem wheel nuts from when I fitted locking nuts, so I will take a photo & with a bit of luck I'll figure out how to post it on here so you can see what they look like. I'll also measure it up, I know that the thread size is M12x 1.25, but I will add the overall dimensions to see if that helps. Keep your fingers crossed that I can do this right & you should get a reply a little later.

I've got some spare oem wheel nuts from when I fitted locking nuts, so I will take a photo & with a bit of luck I'll figure out how to post it on here so you can see what they look like. I'll also measure it up, I know that the thread size is M12x 1.25, but I will add the overall dimensions to see if that helps. Keep your fingers crossed that I can do this right & you should get a reply a little later.

would be very useful if you could

I would be worried about what your supplier sends you now as its vital you have the correct ones. Saying this after I have experienced spacers being supplied with soft alloy nuts that not only easily chewed up taking them off and on, but became obvious their strength was highly questionable under load.

I would ask for your money back on those supplied and source the correct nuts from a reputable source.

Bloody hell what a guy :teeth: totally blown away with your generosity, thats what you call going above and beyond, its what makes this forum and its traders 1st class.

But I insist on making a donation of some sort, even if its just the "Sticky Bun" fund, seems only fair.

really appreciate it and you have certainly secured my business in the future.

Massive thanks :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

• Like 1

Thanks Adrian, really do appreciate it, do you want me to arrange collection or do you still have my address on file from the undertrays'

Once again many thanks, you just kicked our holiday off to an excellent start

• 2 weeks later...