Jump to content

S1 HNK

Members
  • Posts

    2,141
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by S1 HNK

  1. First thing to do is contact the Trader and also send him the video. You will be able to gauge how helpful he will be by his reaction. He may ask you to take the car to local garage for diagnoses and perhaps fix. Does your warranty cover you for breakdown cover? Are you a member or RAC or similar? Remember you don't have a problem until you have a problem. Alex Thanks Alex. I've got AA cover anyway so thats alright. When i bought the car it came with a Motorplan Platinum 3 month warranty which covers up to a £1000. I'll give him a call and see what he says. Really appreciate your quick responses here.
  2. Just had a quick look for the fuel damper but if i'm honest I have no clue what to look for. Can anyone recommend any decent garages around Cheshire that might be worth taking it to? Is the Zed engine fairly basic stuff, I just dont want to go to a normal garage if there is someone local who really knows what to look for. Getting pretty worried now. The car did come with a 3 month warranty but the trader is 4 hours away in Kent so its not like I can just pop in down there. The dealer did get the car serviced again before I bought it just so it had all the stamps. Only oil and filter though so can't see them being able to mess that up. Dont know what to do now
  3. Sorry mark, I meant I only bought the car yesterday! The servicing has all done been done at the correct intervals. You think it could be serious?
  4. yeah will sort that when my plate goes on. It's making a bit of a ticking sound on idle, did you ever notice anything mate?
  5. Don't know, only picked it up yesterday! Could it have had the wrong oil put in?
  6. It does sound quite heavy, that's why I'm concerned. Yes it seems to although you can't really hear it with decent revs. What you thinking mark?
  7. Picked the car up and I'm made up with it. It really is fantastic, so much lighter than my 04 car but still feels so planted. The nismo exhaust sounds incredible, I can't stop driving it! Will get some better pics soon but just a quick phone pic I took last night. Need to update my sig now!
  8. Cheers Alex will check it out in the morning and report back if you don't mind. I just know if I take it to a local garage they wont have a clue .
  9. I did have a search but the ticking people seem to suggest seems quite light and tappety where as this to me sounds a bit stronger than that.
  10. Hi guys, picked the car up yesterday and absolutely loving it, the nismo exhaust sounds incredible and its so much lighter to drive than my previous 2004 car. Anyway today I was just at some lights and could hear quite a loud ticking from the engine. It does increase with rpm but obviously you only really hear it on idle. Nothing changes if I depress the clutch (saw this in a previous thread) and I'm a bit concerned as its not just a light tappy sound. I've checked the oil and its good, was only just serviced. Car is a 2007 model - 296bhp. I've attached a video to see if anyone can shed any light on this for me. Any thoughts guys? I'm totally useless when it comes to car mechanics but worried now in case its something serious! Thanks in advance
  11. Looking good for definitely lose the sunstrip, really cheapens the car in my opinion.
  12. The later bonnet looks great, reminds me of the E92 M3, quite subtle when the light hits it you see the bulge (that does sound a little wrong)
  13. I think 18 months is a little early...the used prices could have changed dramatically by then it would be better to weigh up the decision near the time I would think. Welcome anyway, there is so much info on this site it will certainly keep you busy!
  14. I'm trying not to think about that bit! Cheers for the pm. To be honest it had the exact mods I wanted to do so I had to have your car. Can't wait to get it and rest assured it will be well looked after.
  15. Never heard of such a part available but there must be plenty of tall people in Zeds so someone must have thought of something. Sorry I can't help....thankfully on this occasion i'm glad im only 5ft 9
  16. You shouldn't own up to once having a Cougar Where you from mate? oi that was one of my favourite cars! I was only 20 at the time!! Chester but hail from Frodsham originally. Only messing but I sincerely hope the Zed is better. Ahh i'm over Chester way quite a bit so will keep my eyes peeled
  17. You shouldn't own up to once having a Cougar Where you from mate?
  18. Indeed do tell because that has never once cropped up on here before Welcome back Si...........where are you in Cheshire out of interest? That cow looks familiar but I can't put my finger on it? Live in Stretton near Stockton Heath and work in Knutsford so often see Marzman cruising around making a nuissance out of himself! S2000 - amazing when you are in the mood. Awful when you are not. That sums its up pretty well!
  19. Awesome attention to detail
  20. Cheers. Yeah there were the USDM spec, which were a bit wider. I will miss all the kit and wheels but decided to just keep this one relatively stock. Will get some pics at the weekend. Just can't wait to get back behind the wheel
  21. No mate, can't just remember the name of the member as although it belonged to them previously I bought if from a trader. It's got a nismo exhaust, eibach springs and spacers. The exact mods I would have done so I had to have this one! S2000 went today, was a bit sad to see it go but convertible motoring wasn't for me in the end and it was rarely used unless it was a glorious day and we all know Britain isn't known for them!
  22. Hey, don't you start as well!! It was a great little car, the exhaust popped and crackled and it was so chuckable. It wasn't suited to long journeys though, the suspension was so stiff it used to just nod along the M6 The Zed for me just represents such good value and is a great GT car when you just want to cruise and a "fairly" nimble sports car when you are in the mood. I also figured life was too short to worry about MPG! Didn't you buy my Nismo LMGT4's?
  23. Morning all, For those that remember, I left Zed ownership exactly 3 years ago as I just fancied a change to be honest. I went for a BIG change and most people laughed at me for doing so but it was all good so heres a little car timeline since i've gone. Here was my Zed before it went, used to be black was wrapped white and was bought by a fellow forum member. I then changed to this, an Abarth 500 SS - was cracking fun and certainly different. It didn't last too long and I got the craving for a big engine again so went to this. Awesome all rounder and great noise! Then I went sensible and moved to the dark side, so a 120d it was. And a weekend toy followed a year after. Anyway, enough of all the rubbish, as now I've just bought a 2007 350Z coupe, black. It belonged to 2 forum members and has a few nice bits attached so cant wait to pick it up but will post pics when I collect on Saturday as I dont want to tempt fate! Looking forward to be back and getting involved. Cheers, Si
  24. Hello mate, All change! Was going to post but not picking up my zed till the weekend. Decided after 3 years it was time to return! Sold my s2000 and BMW this week so looking forward to a big engine again! What you cruising around in these days?
×
×
  • Create New...