Jump to content

Wasso

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    13,804
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Wasso

  1. M10 is right, don't worry you'll be fine. If you end up with a M8 the easy answer is a hammer!!
  2. I've spent well over £1,000 on spacer bolts since doing the kits so I've had to trawl many suppliers and the main strut bolts are the hardest to source. Luckily the spacer kit doesn't need the sprocket nut to be replaced.
  3. M10 = 10mm so if that's what you've ordered you're fine (as long as they have a fine 1.25 pitch)
  4. But you'll also need a large washer under each of the bolts/nut as they're small flanged. Especially if on the oem strut. http://www.pro-bolt.com/aluminium-sprocket-nut-10mm-red.html#.U1gueJm9LCQ
  5. Strut nuts x 2 are 10mm
  6. Wow the amount of people browsing even Mr Smurf and ex-dulfuk Welcome, I save my welcomes for sprinkles Not a big fan of Tattoos you're a brave girl I give you that. I'm sure the Tattoo brigade will be along. Enjoy the forum and your 350......
  7. It was their link page so they didn't choose to put the before shot on. I might have a word as they clearly won't appreciate the pain of these damn things. Thanks guys for he recent votes :) Busy this afternoon!!
  8. Cheers Ian. I'm still only 6 votes ahead....... Need some votes..... It takes two clicks...... http://offerpop.com/ContestEntry.psp?c=598914&u=1278642&a=177914495580579&p=161089677248313&rest=0&id=3593171&rest2=0
  9. That alone will pay for the new diff
  10. Did it work out much cheaper/easier importing an engine from the states yourself rather than just using a UK importer of LS engines etc? It's cheaper only because I've sourced and cut out the middle man. I'd rather manage the whole project, that way I'm fully in control. I could have sourced a brand new LS3 in the UK from a supplier in the UK, but with having to also get ancillary parts as well, the price would be much higher. I've also sourced other parts like the engine loom for pennies, in comparison to buying in the UK. I've waited over 6 months for the right engine, and although it all sounds very expensive, the options and future of the LS3 with added power are as easy as bolting on. None of this building the VQ to take BIG power, the LS comes ready made to be a muscle car.
  11. I'll change mine to white then, thanks matey.
  12. Thanks all for your votes, but more are needed, the second place chap is only 10 votes behind!!!
  13. And engine bay as it should have the upgraded air intake.
  14. Just gonna Google "Fun" I think we may have slightly different definitions See you soon Probably, but that's what makes fun, FUN!! Got your returning mail, just sorting a few bits and will message back later.
  15. There's no way on earth I was going to down value the engine, especially coming via shipping container that "could" fall off!! If it's of lower value then I'd for sure downgrade the value. I want full 100% insurance and you pay through the nose for doing so. Anyway, £7.5k for 500bhp isn't so bad....... I'd like to see others get the same for the same amount of money. How's those twins coming along?
  16. *cough* tax and customs cost me £1,600 so you're absolutely right, that's the killer part!
  17. I paid $530 = £331 to ship my V8 over by sea. I would have been looking at nearer $1,800 = £1,125 to ship the same item by air. Saving £794!!
  18. Hiya Jim glad you arrived safe, how long are you here for? Edit! Oh shoot, that was my 10,000th post, should have done something a bit special, oh well maybe I have, just for Jim.
  19. Thanks peeps, keep the votes coming
  20. I was just looking at the middle but and thought oooooft! That's gonna be tough. If its top back and sides it should be fairly simple. Once I get some spare time send it down to me and I'll see what I can conjure up.
  21. To be fair I wouldn't mind a change. Post a pic of the specimen and I'm sure I can get something done later in the summer. Keep the votes coming
  22. Well the engine landed safely and will be shipped to the Zedus Shedus some time very soon. Project starts June/July time. Thanks for the comments, it should be fun to say the least.
×
×
  • Create New...