-
Posts
13,804 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by Wasso
-
I've never seen any flies or any bug for that matter.... Bonkers? True - very good for getting tar off the car!
-
Looks like there is a replica available http://www.tougedistribution.com/item--Aeromaster-Front-Bumper-Type-5-FRP--ARM-Z33-004/ I was quoted for a replica also - the only problem being is that if it's an import replica and their are problems it won't be as easy to fix as if it was produced in the UK. Agreed the cost is mahoosive - I guess that's what comes with exclusivity. Take into account the cost of shipping and customs, this is what bumps the price up really high. Thing is though, I'd prefer peace of mind, knowing the true nissan product will fit. Well it best do!! I hear what you are saying Unabashed - I've been up and down on the bumper since day one, which is why I put this to poll. The consensus is of a possitive nature, and on that basis it's put my own mind at rest this bumper has taste! There are probably pro's and con's with every body kit, such as I heard the Ings +1 is a nightmare for scrapping on speed bumps. I may get the same problem, but I really feel the Ings deserves a white car. It makes the bumper look A1 - but on Azure I think it somehow doesn't work. It would be a bold move to go for the V3 - but then again you only live once. I haven't modified a car ever - and might as well go all guns blazing. I've been on a number of meets now and my car doesn't get photographed as much as I'd like - due to being stock'ish - time to change matters....
-
Tell me about it, what's worse is when the rain sits on the roof of the car, window open, take a left hander and in pours 3 litres of water all over the door and you!! Biggest design fault I say of the Zed.
-
For sure don't drive forward down the slope, reverse only. Reason being is that I have a slightly awkward driveway, if I drive off forwards I scrape, drive off backwards and there are no issues in the slightest.... Can't tell you why, but I'm sure it's to do with the overhang difference between the front and the rear?
-
"Things you hate about the Zed" - this was my biggest gripe... there is no gutter to catch the rain water from the screen, and thus pours over the door cards, switches and sometimes my leg!! I'd totally avoid any wind deflectors. IMO I don't think they would resolve the problem anyway, as the water would drip down the deflector and still find a way in through the window, unless you have the window up as far as the deflector? As Unabashed says - it would look hideous.... Fitting them might result in a
-
To be honest I have found the Resin to be spot on.... I've tried a varied number of wax's and not found them to be as effective as Autoglym. I've not yet tried any of the Dodo range... so I'm yet to explore this angle.
-
Well, I will purchase without and see how it looks - then maybe make a decision to add them at a later date. I think the canards are a nice little touch.... Distracts the eyes away from the diving board splitter/diffuser....
-
I've always wondered why a herd of cows suddenly appeared on my garden after applying my Super Resin. To be honest I've always used the Super Resin. Like you say the water beads, but doesn't slide off the car - but then again gravity is going to be the main requirement in the water running off. Smell/Fly's - nope.... I'm just wondering if your Resin is out of date???
-
That's it, perfect - it makes a huge difference..... I'm still searching for a good Azure example with canards - hopefully multiple shots. Only problem being is my350.com is proving difficult to source pictures whilst at work.... so I will have another search tonight.
-
Put your hand half way over the screen to cover the bonnet......
-
Something like this.... For me it's a nice shape but not really giving me the WOW factor. I'm still feeling the V3.... ( )
-
what a coincidence I knew sarah had a chargespeed - although wasn't prepared to split, which of course would be the sensible option. I then was informed a "buyer" has come forward for the carbon diffuser - it was you.... That's means I get the bumper!! I need to make a slight repair to the diffuser I have acquired - although I have plenty of time to fix this before early spring. Daryl - V2 with alternative splitter is a good idea. But it's still a V2 - time to move on me thinks.... something different. I'm still scouring My350z for pics and there are some good ones I have to say, alternative combinations - as mentioned wheels being just as important to carry the extended look. Suspension is also another tweak that will be required to keep the right stance. This also could be sorted very soon!! I planned on not spending any more money this year, I think I am adicted!!! (Help!!) (Is there a 350z counseling area of this forum - I think I need to attend)
-
I knew you'd remember - ever since I followed you for 100+ miles in Wales I fell in love with your back end and ever since been looking for the right deal. Picked up the diffuser and the bumper is with a certain trader for delivery in the new year. So it's just the front end and spoiler to decide upon. Once I'm 100% certain on the front then the unveiling will occur feb/mar so I'm really looking forward to it.
-
Nope not do-luck. The ings is fab in White but not as effective in blue hence my thoughts on the v3. Doing a search at the mo of all v3 fronts on my350z and there are some nice pics. The only slight issue is the sheer size of the splitter, it will be that which decides the outcome. Gloss black splitter
-
im copying that back to you later after you change your mind completely there is a thread on my350 listing stock weights mate I'm fairly confident already.... The rear I know is already a favourite on the forum. A certain member here knows that once I saw this bumper it was a must for me to obtain. I've also sourced the carbon element of said bumper (little clue). The side skirts are of the same brand. Front end has now been pretty much secured as V3 - unless I'm otherwise convinced to change my mind to the Ings. Wheels is a tough one, although Volk is at the top of my list. It will be lowered - although not too much!! (CRUNCH) Instead of driving over a speed bump it would probably impale itself into the speed bump!! That's just leaves the spoiler.... decisions decisions.... I really like the Strosek, but not a fan of having to sit it on top of the OEM spoiler, almost looks like I found the spoiler.... I'll take a look at the my350 listing. It would be interesting to see the difference.
-
I am hoping the NET effect is Zero..... (Well I'm hoping). I'm planning on having lighter brake disks, exhaust etc for the future - so if there are any weight gains these should offset. I'd love to know how much weight the Zed has lost since my weight loss programme Cat's removed Spare Wheel Under strut bar divider thing (Rear) Heavyweight Boot!! Rear Wiper & Motor Boot Internal plastics (including external badges ) Air Intake - is actually lighter Strut Bar - I was suprised with the difference in weight So with lighter disks and exhaust there's some considerable weight to be shed.... .... (I've not lost any weight but the car has)
-
Thanks ladies and gents..... some great comments and opinions of the positive and negative nature. I have to say the fitting, colour, fitments such as canards are of course paramount. It's not a subtle bumper to say the least with the splitter at the front standing out like a diving board! I've always liked the Nismo bumpers but they are far too popular and I want to create some individuality. The project for early spring is to cosmetically change the whole perception of my zed. I was going to stick with a chargespeed all round kit, but felt the front bumper isn't quite as favourable as the Ings or Nismo. I love the look of the V2 on Shire's and FakeIndians, so really having another V2 in my eyes is clogging up the space of others. I am still slightly interested in the Ings as it's cheaper, but heyho in for a penny in for a pound. I've already secured the rear bumper and for the record will NOT BE NISMO V3 - as mentioned probably the most ugliest rear bumper in the world ten times over!! The option of a carbon splitter or painted - which colour is the question - black or blue, or stick with Carbon for a styling/tech look - maybe paint the splitter orange so that people can see it before they step on it with big flashing beacons above it!! Maybe some sirens too!! Oh and yes there will be side skirts too - so to maintain a nice modified but subtle'ish look I was also contemplating getting a Carbon (bulge) bonnet, darken the roof either by gloss black or carbon effect wrap - A pillars in carbon - and then strip the paint off my carbon boot to then give a solid black contour from rear to front. This could cause issues with having a black/carbon splitter. I think I may need to learn some photoshop skills to create my dream. The next problem after this is which spoiler!!! This is proving to be a nightmare and I'm still searching without finding the right solution. Wheels I'm nearly there - just working out which brand havs the correct offsets, style, size and best price!! Thanks to Ian and Introspect for posting extra pics - this has helped my decision further!! Cheers guys.... until the next Poll..... Off to do some photoshop training!!
-
Thanks for your comments - a resounding 83% yes (so far) is pretty high. I was hoping the consensus would be it's horrible. This leaves me in a costly position.... I agree totally without the bonnet bulge it's not going to work - (thanks Grant for that ) I also had on my list of options the Chargespeed Type 2 - although I'm not so keen on it's shaping of the nose. Then there was the Ings +1 Nspec. This is a gorgeous bumper if the car is white, I've seen a few in Azure which would tempt me, but it looks ACE in white and therefore rejected on the basis of purchasing the wrong car colour But then again I love the Azure so not much I can do. (No I'm not going for a wrap or re-spray before you ask) I think with the V3 it's the "different" factor.... I haven't seen anyone with one in the UK and that's probably due to the stupid price for getting it across the water. I will have to check out my finances to see if I can manipulate something.... (Out goes the wedding!) Thanks again - more opinions welcome.... (Oh and yes the Canards would be added)
-
Please don't take into account the cost element of this bumper - but what is your opinion on it's styling... Positive or Negative....
-
I actually recall the same issue, if the cable to the blower unit is not fitted the blowers engage. Once you fit them it must send a signal to then read back to the relevant units the required setting on the dials. Time to take it all off and check that cable..... A pain in the #### I know....
-
That's what I'll be buying If the snow comes again. They look amazing. Almost bought some last year but thought I'd brave the slippery conditions. Not this time though.
-
I go through a tunnel every day and and have been doing so for over a year. Every day I drop a gear and hear the echo. Although I have to say sounds so much better either the y pipe and de-cats. There are no better words than..... I LOVE MY CAR! she has a name and we have sex quite often.
-
Raymond Weil in my books.... Good quality great looks and not copied by every Tom dick and Harry. He says that whilst wearing his Armani watch but my next one will be a Raymond for sure.
-
I used a company online and didn't have to prove anything - received the plates next day delivery!! I think my rear plate including delivery and the Euro symbol cost me £4.95 - Halfrauds wanted something like £16!!!
-
Like Wasso, I booked a while ago and just updated now. I haven't had a confirmation E-Mail from them yet though, has anyone else? Pete I received an email only because I sent them one, reason being that I couldn't get through by telephone. They confirmed my booking although won't take a deposit or card details until a later date, although promised I am booked!!