Jump to content

Wasso

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    13,804
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Wasso

  1. I believe a 25-50 shot doesn't need retarding but 75 is advisable and 100+ must be retarded.
  2. Point taken...
  3. So my timing is retarded, right ok cool You wouldn't lose that much pressure from the bottle from doing just a few runs. I used a full 5lb bottle in Wales and only like you say when it got low in volume did I lose pressure. You can hit 4 5th's of the bottle over 850 psi and that was without a bottle warmer. Ok so outside temps were warm which I rely on, but still managed great hits throughout the day. Apparently the reason I melted a plug was because I did two runs from 2nd gear all the way to fifth which generated far too much heat. I'm thinking water meth might help solve that problem in the future.
  4. Funny what you get told by a sales clerk these days. I was told you need pulsoids for both throttle bodies and I'm sure a technician at Won confirmed this. Unless with the new pulsoids there's no longer a requirement for 2 sets. Can I ask though, why you suggested retarding the timing for the HR if running 75 shot, yet not for my DE. Lastly how is it possible for nitrous pressure to reduce if it's a continous 920psi (for instance) out the bottle?
  5. Interesting to see a 50/50 split on views. Best thing is to go with what you'd like. At least you'll be pleasing half us lot
  6. So light and strong that's what I like to hear
  7. Correct SA-67r BLC (Black Chrome) Well they are actually duraluminum which I would have thought was a mix of aluminium and some dura whatever "dura"luminam is. Not had a problem with them becoming loose or breaking. There seems to be a low opinion of them yet I've driven the car hard on them with no problems at all. Sure steel is more trustworthy but I don't track the car which is where I beleive the concern is.
  8. Lol why not but then again just helping out. Had to do a lot of research before deciding on the lip and funny enough the wheels. The wheels in the first pic are what I'm saving for @ $2,800 for the 4 not including customs The wheel nuts are Rays duraluminum! Saved 1kg of weight putting those bad boys on!
  9. Christ they look a spit of mine. Short wheel nuts though
  10. Without black lip With black lip WIN!!
  11. Retarding the timing is the key element. Not that my timing is retarded Also running two pulsoids for both throttle bodies will give you more direct and precise hit. Splitting the juice is just cost saving.
  12. Hmmm that'll bump the price a bit - well spotted Neil. You'd need 4 pulsoids for a start, additional splitter blocks. If that was me I'd skip the Wet system and go for direct port. Which is a bit more expensive but gives a better hit.
  13. Can I as why you are having a Zex shipped in? Something you like or have heard about their equipment. The reason I ask is that you can get NOS'ed up in the UK.
  14. If you checkout my garage you'll see some of the prices for the kit along with the below thread for install from Abbey viewtopic.php?f=30&t=28423&hilit=+Nitrous To note Uprev copes with the NOS although a standalone ecu is recommended. Cost of install all depends on how flush you are with the cash. My 2 5lb bottles are in the glove box. I also have an upgraded NOS controller for greater flexibility. Controlling the NOS is provided by a throttle switch. If over 85% throttle NOS is fired, although set by the controller to initiate at any given rpm value. Mine is set to 3,500 to 7,000 If you have any direct questions fire away.
  15. Yes its a few extra miles above average & if i was worried about Depreciation I definitely wouldnt of bought this car. Im very happy with it & enjoy my job more knowing im driving it & spending upto 3 hrs a day in it Im the envy of all my care worker colleagues & everyone else who sees it on the road,specially my Audi TT acquaintance Fair point, I use mine daily for work, but no business miles shall we say. I do enough miles getting to meets and shows - and that does my head in as the service is due every 9k miles. So if you're doing 30k a year, that's 3 services a year!! I know what you mean though about driving the Zed.... Why purchase a car just for weekends, especially something that sounds and looks amazing!
  16. I can't believe you'd want to use the Zed for business miles. 3 years and 90k miles including personal. That's going to seriously depreciate the Zed. Maybe thought of having a cheaper business car?
  17. That's mad. I guess you'll try sky as well. You'll get there just a case of finding the right company
  18. Interference, bad earth, loose connection?
  19. Speak with Sky or flux and you'll get a better quote.
  20. Tell them the exhaust won't increase your chances of crashing, that's purely governed by the driver. Tell them you want to speak with their most senior staff member. If exhausts make you crash what does NOS do, increase the chance of drug taking and murders. I'm running 309 to the hubs which is about 60+ hp. A gain of 23% I think. I've got ALL my mods including bodykit declared that's like £8k's worth and my insurance with Adrian Flux is £1k a year. I have 8years no claims, no points, aged 37 and live in wonderful high risk Birmingham. Speak with a specialist company such as sky or Adrian flux. Don't whatever you do trade off the Miltek, you will get a better quote.
  21. Agree with Lexx On this unless it's mapped you'll get no extra bhp and you'll never get 30bhp from the exhaust alone. Unless it was aided by FI. Tell them you e made a mistake and the exhaust is a direct replacement and just looks real nice!
  22. Cheers both I'll update the garage and hopefully that's it!!! Sterling work I have to say.
  23. Any joy on the last of my mods Chris, keen to get it completed so that I can see the full picture.
  24. Not sure who makes them, but those under chasis braces? Shire has one and loves it, only problem is you'll gain a bit more weight, but stability would be improved. Not sure on price. You could go for a Carbon boot, although just over the 500 buck limit, especially if you need to paint it to keep it stealth. Edit: Well said Jim - hence the Carbon boot
×
×
  • Create New...