Thanks for the guide Randy_Baton. It was very useful when I removed the blank button and replaced it with a GTR boot opening switch!
I used a piggy back fuse tab to connect the switch to the existing boot opener/fuel lid opener fuse (22) in the footwell.
I then had to remove most of the plastic trim on the drvivers side to run a new wire alongide the loom into the boot to reach the lock actuator.
Correct I ordered this JOBD reader from Amazon which works, but it appears to be pit of stock currently - https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00WDOLHOE/ref=pe_385721_51767431_TE_dp_1https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00WDOLHOE/ref=pe_385721_51767431_TE_dp_1
I have a genuine Nismo V2 spoiler and the uprated SKU 1750 work fine, until it snows and the boot lid gets covered.
Then it's lethal if you are leaning over to put things in the boot
The YouTube video following yours is the same warm start problem but on a Nissan Murano, caused by the check valve on the fuel pump. He replaced the fuel pump to fix the problem
You can test the drop links by parking with two wheels on the pavement kerb, turn the steering to full lock and then drive off the kerb.
If it's the drop links you should hear a clunk when the car drops back onto the road.