Jump to content

Pritchard

Members
  • Posts

    1,051
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Pritchard

  1. Oh my. this is the one! . LRF4N, did you have to import it?
  2. Vertex !! thats it! thats perfect! thats exactly what i wanted. pjf, thank you! now I just need to find a UK supplier... or risk the import. **edit got it! VividRacing do it. http://www.vividraci..._4383824887.php ***double edit... just went to call them... nope Vividraing are State-side. they just have their prices in £ !! grrrrr anyone know a UK seller? i cant see one.
  3. Well, its done. bought a kit Went for the Do-Luck. Really like it. It just looks right. Got some good advice from Humpy too, thanks for your tips Now just need to decide on the spoiler. I love the blitz, but would love one just a little longer. Does anyone know what raised spoiler that is above from the Amuse photos? i cant find that for sale anywhere. it doesnt show up on Amuse's site as one of theirs.
  4. Must surely be a member.... was 2 cars in front of me going through Maidstone. Number plate was JC54, JS54 maybe? black dished wheels, possibly with spacers, and exhaust fitted i gave you a loud blip of mine as i went under you in the queue.
  5. Yes, i liked the colour scheme. But those were wide-arch body kits. im not taking that route.
  6. now that sounds like a good idea. i'd like to see that
  7. haha, yea I spotted on your other thread that your in the process of a fitment i hope for your sake any pictures you upload of it dont look too good, as you truely will become a trend setter... yes really like this kit. VividRacing want a small fortune for it though. most importantly, were do i get that spoiler ?! thats awesome. looked for it before but cant find it, it doesnt seem to be Amuse ?
  8. dont these kind of go against each other you either want people opinions or you dont? Unless i've not drunk enough coffee... no they dont clash? :S I'm asking for opinions. I want opinions. i was refering to my comment that followed in my post with regard to specific kits ive already singled out due to me not liking them Do Luck - i think I saw that thread, i recall seeing a nice deep blue Z with that kit IIRC. looked pretty good. I agree that the CS comment! you could well be right.
  9. Guys, Firstly let me say - any comments or opinions I make about my taste in bodykits only refers to my car. I dont intend to cause any offence if i pick out a particular peice of kit and say ' i dislike it' its only my taste, not yours So my hand is on its way to the pocket. engine mods now done its time to pick the bodykit. I have seen so much that i like. but I have one main issue. > the rear bumper. such a peeve. Everything i look at doesnt agree with me. So money isnt an object with the budget, but i cant mentally justify a very expensive kit purely due to exclusivity. so my current preferences Firstly, NO carbon. there is no place for carbon anywhere on my car. (no offence to anybody who has it. i just cant stand the stuff. its me, not you ) Front lip / bumper any. i love the Mines lip, with the curved edges. but any will do, they all look agreeable. Front Fenders: no matter the kit, im getting these!! http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nissan-350Z-Custom-Front-Wing-Fenders-/161386674830 Skirts any. again they have to be there, but design wise not too bothered. Spoiler only a few that i've seen that i like. nismo V1, nismo v2, and... yep, nismo V3. i appreciate the BGW designs, but i want something that looks ''GT'' not Drift. The problem I have is that looking at previous meets, like Wales, is that these Nismos are very popular. Rear bumper now here is the issue. I cant find anything that agrees with me. NEED HELP HERE! lol. The Chargespeed, Love it! but i dont want the black painted diffuser. but seeing one online that was colour coded... doesnt look right. Nismo Spats - look stuck on Stillen rear spats - look stuck on JP Visage (seen it on tarmac) - look stuck on etc. etc However the Duraflex that Tarmac has advertised is awesome! love that, but I think its a little too wild for what the rest of the kit will look like. The rear bumper is such a pain. Really I need to be replacing it rather than adding a lip to it. but other than chargespeed, i cant find anything on the UK market. What am I missing? i guess the result of what rear bump i purchase will decide on the front end and skirt (as i may well get this as a kit.) All opinions appreciated please guys. spent so long browsing. i need nuggets of info.
  10. Thanks for putting those up Mark.
  11. Well bugga me... by chance I have actually seen this fitted in the flesh!! i was at Abbey M/S, their track car has them in Carbon (or maybe carbon wrapped... i didnt get that close) my phone was out of battery though, couldnt take a picture. it did look good! I want them
  12. Nope. HP is Horsepower, the preceeding letter is where its measured. WHP @ at the wheels (rolling road dyno) HHP @ at the hubs (chasis dyno - the one at Abbeys) BHP @ at the flywheel (can ONLY be measured if the engine is removed from the car. otherwise its an estimate) *edit. i think i quoted WHP earlier... thats me being lazy. sorry. Abbey dyno is HP at the Hubs, not the wheels.
  13. i would completely ignore BHP. 248@hubs, 272@hubs correct and accurate figures. if your going to try and be accurate with BHP its not going to work. (23@ hubs isnt the same as 23@fly)
  14. erm... see post #1 ? mods on arrival: Arrived with Cobra Cat-back exhaust (incl Y pipe.. which i didnt know I had until today until arrival. Y pipe made by Toyosports) Lightweight flywheel yea yes will upload the graphs as soon as i can. i have 0 loss anywhere on the graph. made gains all the way from 1,500rpm.
  15. Well this isnt my day. :rant: left the dyno in the pouring rain, then hit a wall of traffic all the way home. been sitting in traffic with the engine off for 20min at a time. couldnt use the car in anger. i dont have a scanner at home, so im taking pictures with my phone. and ges what, now i cant upload them to myself because Mircosoft has locked me out for unusual activity !! sigh. ____ Right well, dyno charts will be tomorrow when i scan them at work, unless Mark is willing to do the honours tonight. -- and looking at the graph, Mark I think you've given me a couple of wrong curves -- but results were: 248whp was the best run out of my initial when i turned up. There was then a dyno readout that i saw when the ecu stuff was just beginning, that said 258whp. (but thats not the 3rd curve on my graph... Mark?) And then my final power output, 271.6 Torque went from 235lb/ft on arrival, to 254lb/ft on departure. So a 23hp gain, and 24lb/ft gain. happy times!! Mark's tranny loss estimate put this at about 307BHP. Whats a standard HR again.... Pritchard
  16. sorry gents. its taken me 3 ours to do 40miles!! M25 and Kent arteries are clogged. uploading graphs now.... check back in 10min
  17. well, if your using BHP it all depends what tranny loss your using... i was going by the HubHP that is measured on dynapacks. but .... Mark did throw a BHP figure at me, and it was more than 302 wait for the dyno sheets. sit tight.
  18. Results are in !!! :D Just waiting for the graphs from Mark. But after looking through the 'Dyno results info' sticky thread, and looking at every Abbey one there for DE engines, I think i've scored the highest... by a very clear margin hang on, ive beaten at least one HR on that page, and only a horse or three shy of 2 others! Very healthy engine.
  19. --Reserved for the dyno plots -- teaser....
  20. Morning all. 8am, arrived at Abbey Motosports to do some work. as referenced in a recent thread, I made mention that there are no before / after dynos for bolt ons. only 'after' bolts ons, and after ecu remap. http://www.350z-uk.c...re-after-dynos/ So I am going to have 3 curves on my graph, where most people have 2. 1. Arrival. (stock / current state) 2. pre-ecu tune (all bolts ons fitted) 3. after ecu tune. I'm booked in for the the P3 service, plus the following: '06 airbox (Velocity stack mod) Plenum spacer Sports cats Y pipe Uprev tune. Currently done: Lightweight flywheel Non-resonated Cobra. Lookin forward to a good day 8:30 Interesting...i've just fitted a Cobra non-resonated exhaust, I was meant to be fitting a Y-pipe today, but theres already one fitted !! Result. cant see a stamp on it. not sure of the brand. Thats some money saved today 8:45 Ok first dyno is run. 246whp Happy !! dyno chart will of course go up when i get it. Interestingly.... about Air Intakes. Mark @ Abbey showed me the outputs of the Air intake temperatures. The ambient air temps were around 53celcius, which after its 2nd / 3rd pull temps had dropped to around 15celcius. (im pretty sure those numbers are right. ) for FYI purposes, if anyone has ever wondered why when doing 3 pulls on a dyno you usualy get a little more power each time, its not because your engine is warming up.... 9:10 Car is now in the Magic Room, where wishes come true 9:30 Y-pipe is a Toyosports (found on ebaymore commonly than their website.). The guys found the name plate on the side. 11:30 Liverpool just won the FA Cup! bored of this game now. Next.... 11:35 The guys at Abbey give the car a thorough vehicle inspection. looks like i've got a few problems to fix in the future. Most annoyingly, another nail in my tyre. thats the 2nd in a week. I wonder what i've been driving through. 13:30 I think we must be nearly ready for the remap. dont forget iv had a full service too, and ha to have a puncture repaired. adds a little time. 13:35 Hey look, Stephen Hawking has just released an article saying he thinks A.I will be the end of mankind. I thought this guy was a genius... my kids cartoons predicted this 30 years ago! 14:36 woops, fell asleep. 15:10 TO THE DYNO !! 16:23 Happy, Happy man. Got an awesome result today! Pritchard
  21. just checked out your link. got a little excited myself, until i saw who was selling it!! ...oh and lo behold! Never buying a bean from A1 Jap again. had grief with them over Celica parts before. But, that aside, what is sitting there must be worth something to someone.
  22. I've not seen it done (not that ive looked for it) but 370 fly would be tough for 3.5litres NA on paper for a road car. its over the 100bhp/litre mark. I refer to my signature... so dont listen to anything i say. that being said... get digging for someone who has. Theres a chap here with 340@fly with wild cams The standard specs for the HR cams are: Lift: Intake/Exhaust : 10.5mm/10.5mm Duration: Intake/Exhaust: 248/248 Intake Open: 2º BTDC Intake Close: 66º ABDC Exhaust Open: 68º BBDC Exhaust Close: 0º BTDC Overlap: 2º which you knew that im sure. With your 7,500 rpm rev limit they appear like a very mild grind to me! in fact my DE specs arnt far off. Does the HR have variable timing? (i dont know this answer, but im assuming it must do). that being said, the high rpm limit gives you scope for bigger cams. The first hit i found was GT Motosports on stateside, offering a warm 264/258 duration spec. or Jim Wolf does a couple of specs. https://conceptzperformance.com/Cart/description.php?II=3987 Cams will be £800+springs etc before labour fitment. Alot, but leaves you a sizable budget left. Actually.... no i'll let you do your own research. lol. here: HR, NA 310whp (so not far off your mark) http://my350z.com/forum/na-builds/567608-310whp-hr-350z.html HR, NA 323whp (this is a solid 360bhp no matter what tranny loss you calculate with) http://mybuildgarage.com/2010/09/nissan-350z-na-323-whp-build/ HR, NA, 400whp ! (bored out/stroked to 3.7Litres though) http://my350z.com/forum/na-builds/584790-kels-now-has-400whp-na-we-did-it.html#post10227726 What is in / out of budget is for you to find out. :-) I'm sticking with my DE Pritchard
  23. This must have been asked before.... but i cant see it in the recent posts, and its a common word to be searching for. does anyone have these fitted to their Zed? look absolutely awesome! will go so well with probably any bodykit. especially the Chargespeed with its slotted vents. I am after some pictures, if anyone has some? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nissan-350Z-Custom-Front-Wing-Fenders-/161386674830?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Model%3A350+Z&hash=item2593653a8e cheers Pritchard
  24. I want one. :-) Rickdon, PM sent.
×
×
  • Create New...