Morning Z’s
Just bought my Z, lots of questions. Not sensible to start multiple threads.
I’ve answered some stuff with search. Some I haven’t had good results with. So here is my residue (you will be amazed at how long my ‘’Answered questions’’ piece of paper is. Its longer than this lol)
In a quick bulletpoint format, can someone help answer, or point me in the direction of the answer, to the following:
General Car:
I have cruise control. I have had cruise control before on a car, but for the life of me I cant get this to work. Light comes on the dash, but using buttons I can set speed, accel or cruise or anything. Instructions or guide anywhere?
Dash tach lights. Theres 2 buttons on the right to dim or brighten the tacho lights. They seem to do nothing? ( yes I had my lights on at the time)
My full beam is non-existent. I have 2 working bulbs, but when engaged it literally adds a little candlelight ahead on top of main beam. With my main beams on I have been frequently flashing cars to pull out / pass and they just sit there, gormless. Apparently also unable to tell that my full beam was engaged! Normal?
The shift light, on my on-board cpu pod it set to 6,500 (which I know is redline anyway) but it seems to flash at me around 6,000 ? normal? I have set it lower, 6,300 but it still seems to flash before this.
Do you guys have a Z specialised ‘’mobile mechanic’’. I didn’t see mention of one (but then, it is a Nissan, not a Skoda ). But you know, a mobile mecchie that does your little mods, services, or issues.
Common issues questions:
I have the clicky driveshaft when reversing. I understand this could have been fixed under warranty with dealer. Now that its used, is this a cosmetic annoyance, or does this mean its going to fail and needs replacing? i am sure this has been covered 1000 times but reading through some other threads I couldn’t find this answer.
I have the squeaky brembros front pads and discs have just been done, I guess I need to live with this.
Passenger door speaker has lose wire. Is there a how-to on how to fix it?
Meetings questions:
What happened to the Wales meets? I have a friend whos a former member here, and he was raving about how awesome they were. I guess they are no more? (one word answer. Lol. Im sure this is a big thread… somewhere.)
Tuning / ECU questions
I have heard tell that due to the electric throttle on the Z, that the throttle response is greatly backed off in 1st and 2nd gear, for ‘’driver safety’’. And that an ecu tuner can sort this out. Any truth in this?
I appreciate theres a lot here. I just need quick one-line answers for a lot of this, so don’t spend your lunch break writing an essay for me. Or a point in the right direction.
Many Thanks in advance.
Big Kiss. x